Relapse

I'd come across my fair share of strange cases being a hunter, but this was definitely a new one.

A young couple had apparently eaten each other alive after coming home from a date.
Then another couple shot each other in the man's work place. There was already a pattern apparently that screamed something witchy or demonic. Seemed like it might be a quick case provided we could find the source.

Enough time had passed that my brothers decided I would be ok to hunt with them. I hadn't had any sort of episode, or even a vision, in weeks, and my telekinesis was stronger and more under control than ever. I wasn't able to move cars like I had in during my little fit in the junk yard, but with enough energy I could toss something at least two hundred pounds several yards away. In other words, I could be useful.

Cas wasn't pleased to hear it, but he was busy with whatever he was doing in his search for God, so he wasn't going to stop us.
It was nice to have an angel on my shoulder but I'd be damned if his over protectiveness wasn't getting tiresome. I must admit I was glad he wasn't going to be around for this one. Just me and my boys, saving people and hunting things.

And there we were, at the coroner's for the second time, examining the second double suicide remains.

I stood back, holding back gagging as the two of them dug through the packaged human organs, Sam more meticulously than Dean of course. He was always the more scientific one. At least one of us was. Dean was a brute, and my methods tended to be more mystical. Digging through corpses was never my favorite of the job.

"Hey," Dean said quietly, pushing the tub with a severed heart across the table to Sam, "Be my valentine?"

Sam wasn't amused, but I laughed, inappropriately loud. It was short lived however, because the moment the two containers touched, something picked at my brain, and my powers, a little spark of something telling me to take a look.
"Wait a minute...there's something about the hearts." I said to them before they could push them aside.
Sam squinted at them and quickly noticed something.
"They have identical marks on them, look," he said," it's some kinda letter?"

Dean and I cocked our heads trying to see what he was talking about.

"Oh no..." Sam suddenly exclaimed breathily.

"What?" Dean asked.

"I think its Enochian..."

"You mean the angel scratches? Oh hell... " Dean grunted, taking his gloves off and digging his phone out.

"Cas, its Dean. Yeah,
Room 31C, basement level, St. James Medical Center. "

"I'm there now." Came Castiel's voice both into the room and the phone,as he appeared directly in front of Dean. I grinned with a shake of my head.

"Yeah, I get that. "

"I'm gonna hang up now..."

I bit my amused lips back at Cas as he made his way to the table where he rather casually picked up a heart and examined it. Both of us seemed to avoid the debate over my ability to hunt and hardly acknowledged each other as he passed me.

"You were right Sam, these are angelic marks. I imagine you'd find similar marks on the other couple's hearts as well." He said.

"Great...so what are they?" I asked.

"Its a mark of union," Cas explained, "this man and woman were intended to mate."

"Ok..." Dean said, " but who put them there?"

"Well..your people call them cupid."

Three mouths dropped open, three sets of ears not sure if they heard correctly.