Chapter 32 - Guarded

You rushed to Yoongi's tent and threw open the flap. He turned his head, narrowing one eye as Hoseok came in behind you.

"Did I say you could enter?" Yoongi asked.

Hoseok grabbed your arms and pulled you back.

    "Sorry, Boss," he said, his fingers digging into your flesh. "I'll take her back --"

    "He's going to die because of me!" you cried, chest burning. "I can't let that happen!"

    Yoongi paused, then laughed through his nose. "This scenario seems familiar."

    "Yoongi, please. Namjoon protected me. He saved --"

"-- and what should I do about it? Send my men back to save their captor? Does that make sense?"

Your knees weakened. He was right. The Rebellion had done so much for you. Yoongi had guarded you. Hoseok had strengthened you. They had even saved Jungkook without a real reason to. You couldn't ask them for more. You didn't deserve anything they had given you in the first place.

It was time to stop taking from them.

"You promised me anything I wanted if I gave you information," you said. "Clothes, a job, a house in the city. Remember?"

"Yes, but I didn't promise to --"

"I want to leave the Rebellion."

Yoongi stopped, his lips parting. His eyes glossed over, as if he didn't understand what you said. But you knew that he did. 

"What?" he asked.

"Release me," you said. "I've done nothing for you since I came here. So let me go. I'll never set foot in this camp again. You don't have to be responsible for me any longer."

Yoongi's mouth clamped shut, his eyes narrowing. There was a span of two breaths before he opened his mouth again.

"Hoseok," he said

"Hoseok," he said. "Step outside."

Hoseok's grip on your arm slowly unfurled, and he met your eyes only for a moment before swallowing and stepping out of the tent. Silence passed as Yoongi rubbed his fingers together in thought. Your heart pounded, waiting for his response.

"If I let you go," he said, finally, "you'll go after him."

"It's not your responsibility if I do. You didn't want me here in the first place. So just release me and --"

He stepped into your space, the heat from his body coming off in waves of warning. His jaw was set hard, but his eyes were like silk, his breath still.

"I told you," he growled. "I protect what belongs to me."

You swallowed, trying to find your voice again. "Am I yours? I was the one you sent away."