ONE

"Are you kidding me?" My grandfather says, as we sat in front of Principal Figgins.

"Well-," I go to start but he cuts me off.

"Don't be a smartass with me Phoenix." He says, making me put my hands up in mock offence.

"It's not that bad."

"You slashed Brad's tires, wrecked his car and put him in the hospital." Principal Figgins says, looking at me scoffing.

"Oh bite me, it was a broken nose. The most he's getting done is probably a nose job." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Do not use that tone with him missy." My grandfather says, sighing before looking at Figgins, "I'm sorry about all this Principal Figgins, I-I don't know what's gotten into her lately."

"That's alright Mr Simmons, but there is serious consequences. We're lucky enough that the Bronson's don't press charges."

"We could work something out."

"I think we might have a plan for that. Mr Schuester is looking for people for his Glee club." Principal Figgins says and I scoffed.

"No way, put me in detention for the rest of my life. I'm not singing with a bunch of idiots." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"She'll do it, along with anything else. Thank you, Mr Figgins." My grandfather says and I scoffed, clenching my jaw. They exchange a few words and we walked out of there, my grandfather looks at me.

"What were you thinking Nix?"

"He slapped my ass and you think he didn't deserve a broken nose?" I said, and my grandfather sighs.

"You have a record, Phoenix. Why do you keep doing this to yourself?" He says, and I shook my head.

"Forget about it."

"Do you want to go to Military School?"

"Please, you've been threatening that with me since I was 14." I said and he gives me a look.

"I don't know what's gotten into you lately, but I'm getting old and I won't be around much longer if you keep pushing me." My grandfather says making me purse my lips, looking at him.

"Okay, fine, I'm sorry. Jesus, you didn't have to pull the 'I'm-dying-card'." I said, and my grandfather looks at me.

"You're a bright kid, Phoenix. Don't waste it all away." He says and I pursed my lips.

My grandfather has looked after me since I was a kid, my mum was gone and my father was a deadbeat drug addict. He has been by my side through everything, and sometimes I was kind of a hard ass but I learnt that from him.

"Do I still have to join that fucking club?" I said, and he scolds me.

"Language." He says and I put my hands up in mock-offence, "You are joining that club if that means preventing you from getting expelled."

"Whatever. I have soccer practice, I'll see you after work." I said, and he nods. He kisses me on the forehead and I sighed, before walking off.

===

The day had gone by so long and thinking about the Glee club made me sick. I was in soccer practice, same time cheer was going on. I looked over and I saw Quinn, we were best friends since we were 9 but coming into high school, being popular mattered most to her.

She sees me and glares at me, making me smirk and give her a small wave. She rolls her eyes and turns to her friends, Santana and Brittany. They were the cliché, popular cheerleader group.