TWELVE

I was sitting in the choir room with the rest of the Glee Club, who were all excited to see me. Being back was hard but I loved the group and I wanted to stick around. I sat back with my leg crossed over the other and I looked up seeing Jesse sneaking glances at me as he sat with Rachel.

"Alright, I have one final announcement before we all leave. We can't use the auditorium for the next week." Mr Schue says.

"But that's garbage. How are we supposed to practice for regionals without the auditorium?" Finn asked, frowning from beside me.

"The Cheerio's need it to practice in. There's nothing I can do." Mr Schue says and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why are they practicing inside anyway? There's a whole field." I said and Mr Schue sighs.

"I recommend a sit-in." Rachel says.

"I recommend we torch the place." Puck says and I looked over at him who high-fived Mike. I couldn't help but snicker lowly to myself, he looks at me and I held a bored face looking away. We haven't spoken since I've been back and I'm relieved but didn't know how I would react.

"No, look we've all faced adversity before and come out stronger on the other end. I'm gonna check out a few off-site locations to use just for the week. I promise I'll find us a new home." Mr Schue says, and the bell rings I picked my bag up and I walked out of there.

"Simmons." I hear and I looked to see Puck.

"Puckerman."

"Uh, how are you?"

"Great." I replied bluntly and I hear him sigh, he pulls me to a stop.

"Can we please talk?" Puck asked, looking at me.

"There's nothing to talk about. I told Quinn I forgave you both but doesn't mean I'm going to be buddy-buddy with either of you." I said, pursing my lips.

"Please, I miss you."

I miss you too

"I don't care, just leave me alone Noah."

===

I had finished my sets for the night and now I was helping up at the diner. Cora walks over to me and she pursed her lips, making me raise an eyebrow at her.

"What?"

"What are you still doing here? I thought I told you to go home?" Cora says, and I rolled my eyes.

"Cora, if I'm going home it's with you." I said, and she sighs.

"You don't have to keep doing over-time."

"I do, it keeps my mind busy and I don't want to think. Thinking then leads to crying, which then leads to anger and I'm behind bars." I said, walking away as I stacked the chairs.

"I know you have that Noah boy on your mind, why don't you talk to him? Or to Quinn, your best friend?"

"Because the boy that I loved knocked up to someone who I considered to be my sister." I snapped and Cora looks at me making me sigh, "I-I'm sorry."

"Don't. And don't ever bottle things up, you need to release it." Cora says and I sighed, continuing with wiping down the tables before putting the chairs up on top.

"Being back is enough and if I have to spill my guts every time I want to cry, I wouldn't be out of my bed." I said, and she turns me around.

"Go home Phoenix." She says, taking the cloth out of my hands. I sighed, running a hand through my hair just as my phone rang. I didn't bother looking at the Caller ID, picking up the phone then bringing it to my ear.