TEN

It had been a tough week, and I couldn't handle being here anymore. I was grabbing something from my locker when I hear footsteps and I looked up to see Finn, and I put on a smile.

"Hudson, what's up?"

"What are you doing?" He asked, as I shut my locker and he looks down to see my bag.

"I was just grabbing something."

"You going somewhere?" Finn asked and I nodded.

"Just getting out of town for a few days." I said, shrugging my shoulders as I pursed my lips.

"Without saying goodbye?"

"Technically, Monday is my last day." I said, and he nods.

"So you're leaving, huh?" He asked, giving me a sad look.

"Don't get all dopey eyed on me now Hudes." I said and he walks closer to me.

"I'm sorry." Finn says and I had to try my hardest not to cry. I cleared my throat looking at him, giving him a small smile.

"I am too." I said, and he brings me into a hug making me sigh. I wrapped my arms around him, sniffling before standing back.

"I heard about your Pops from Mr Schue, does anyone else know?"

"Uh, no." I said, wiping at my nose smirking, "But he wouldn't want me to waste my youth away."

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know. I was thinking of getting away for a while, you know. Not have to be here." I said, my voice wavering.

"I get what you mean." He says and I had to stop the tears from coming, so I sucked it up looking at him.

"You going somewhere?"

"Yeah, sectionals. Was hoping you were going to come with me?"

"Oh, F-Finn. I can't do that." I said, the tears coming, "Seeing N-them is too much."

"You're my family, Phoenix. We look out for each other." Finn says and I smiled widely at him.

"You Finn Hudson are my family too. I'm going to miss you." I said, smiling sadly at him.

"You're not really going to let me face them by myself, are you?" He gives me a little smirk and I chuckled, sighing.

"I guess I do want to get one more performance in." I said, and he grabs my hand.

"Together."

We got to sectionals, and my anxiety of seeing everyone. I wasn't mad at them, I couldn't be, none of it was their fault. I did wanna see them before I left. Finn and I rushed towards the room where we knew they were going to be in.

"Then I guess we have our ballad, and we can close with that. 'Somebody to Love' is a real crowd pleaser." I hear Quinn say.

"Yeah, that and a can of soup will guarantee us third place. We still need another song, we can all sing together." Puck's voice interjects and I took in a deep breathe before walking into the room with Finn.

"We have one." Finn says as we walked in, "I found the sheet music online. I used the Cheerio's copier to make copies before we trashed the thing. Matt, Brittany, Santana and Phoenix are our best dancers. Figure something out and we'll all follow your lead."

"I've got a little something." I said, smirking at everyone.

"The rest is going to be choppy." Mike says.

"Good, we're the best when we're loose. Look, all we have going for us is that we believe in ourselves and what we're singing about. If we can show the judges that...we might have a shot at this thing." Finn says and I nodded.

"It's good to have you both back." Rachel says, and I nodded my head.

"I think you should tell them." Finn says to me and I give him a look.

"Tell us what?" Puck says, walking up next to us.

"Nothing that concerns you Puckerman."

"Can we please talk?"

"She doesn't want to talk to you bro, and neither do I." Finn says, glaring down at Puck before pulling us away from him.

===

The feeling of going on stage with everyone and performing, made me happy. We had made it back to school and showed Mr Schue the trophy. I stood back and I watched as Mr Schue congratulate everyone.

"Phoenix?" I hear and I look up to see everyone looking at me.

"I wanted to say something." I said, and they all nodded sitting down.

"You okay?" Mr Schue asked and I nodded slowly.

"I wanted to tell you all, how grateful I am that being a part of this club means something to me. I was always seen as this tough, bitchy girl and I certainly act like it." I started making them all smile, "But no matter how hard I pushed you all away, you stuck by me and helped me through the hardest pain I had to go through." I made eye contact with Quinn and Puck briefly.

"This club had made me love music again, singing again. Something I never thought I would do since my mum died and s-since my Pop died." I continued trying not to cry and they gasp, Finn walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm sorry Phoenix." Kurt says

"And you'd think I was done with all the goodbyes, but I'm not."

"You're leaving?" Rachel spoke up and I looked at them.

"Only for a couple weeks, maybe a month. I was going to drop off the face of the earth but that wouldn't be fair for you guys." I said and Mr Schue walked over to me.

"You take the time you need."

"Who knew I would've missed a group of idiots like yourselves?" I said, smirking and they all came hugging me and saying goodbye. Finn comes up to me last, and he holds me before pulling away looking at me.

"You need anything, I'm one phone call away." He says and I nodded. I talked with them longer before I walked out of the door.

"My life is going to suck without you Rose." I hear and I clenched my jaw looking back to see Puck.

"You made your decision."

"I'm sorry Phoenix, I really am. But I can't have you hating me." Puck says and I had to stop myself from turning around and jumping into his arms.

"You're having a baby Noah, be a dad. I know you can." I said, giving him one last look before I turned away walking and hearing my heartbreak.