PROLOGUE

Phoenix-Rose Simmons was one of those girls you stayed away from but you couldn't. She walked into freshman year with her best friend Quinn by her side. They had everything, popularity, the looks and everyone wanted to either be them or hated them.

Everything was a smooth sail, Phoenix was known for being ruthless, reckless and she didn't give one fuck. But she lost all her popularity and friends when she went through something, letting her know she didn't need anyone else.

People in school still duck for cover when she walks the halls, she didn't stop being ruthless, being on top or not. She was who she was, and no one was going to take that away.

Phoenix is stubborn especially when it came to Noah Puckerman. They have sex, he had feelings for her and she couldn't help but feel something for him too but she doesn't want her heartbroken, nothing ever goes right for her.

But at the end of the day, away from preying eyes, Phoenix was just a broken girl who was scared to love.

Her father was useless, he wasn't at home all the time only at the bar drinking or doing drugs. Her mother did everything she could to shield Phoenix from that but Phoenix was smart, she knew what was going on. But losing both your parents, that does something to someone.

She didn't think she had it in her to love again, but boy was Noah Puckerman going to prove her wrong. And she hated being proved wrong.