SEVEN

"Alright guys, moving on. We're doing a new number for Sectionals. I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway." Mr Schue says, handing out sheet music.

"Defying Gravity? I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from 'Wicked'. This is amazing." Kurt says excitedly.

"Think you can handle it Rachel?" Mr Schue says, and I raised an eyebrow.

"It's my go-to shower song. It's also my ring tone." Rachel says and I looked to see Kurt was upset before looking back at Mr Schue.

"What if someone else wanted to sing it? Some like Kurt?" I asked, looking at the two.

"It's fine, Phoenix." Kurt says and I shake my head.

"No, it isn't. It's obvious he wants it and no offence Rachel, but you can't be getting all the solo's." I said, raising my eyebrows and Rachel nods in my way, appreciating my comment. Well there's a first for everything.

"Why so we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder." Mercedes says, speaking up.

"Okay, we don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry we will find something for you to dip in chocolate." Mr Schue says and I snickered.

"Oh please never say that phrase again." I said, making everyone laugh.

"On to item two. The school play won't pay for the special needs bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to sectionals."

"What?"

"So, we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves. See, when I was in Glee Club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for regionals we held a bake sale." Mr Schue says, and everyone laughs.

"A bake sale?" I said, chuckling.

"You're joking right? I mean bake sales are kind of bougie." Santana said, raising her eyebrow.

"So, hip hop people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?"

"It's not that? It's most of us, don't know how to bake? I find recipes...confusing." Brittany says and I looked at her.

"Honey, you get your left and rights confused." I said, making Santana shot me a look before I looked to the front.

"My family is full committed to takeout." Rachel says.

"Yeah, Mr Schue, kids are busier than when you went here. We've got homework, and football and teen pregnancy...lunch." Finn says and I had to hold a face palm.

"Can't Artie's dad just take him?"

"I can't believe how insensitive you're all being. Are you a team?"

"Of course. But Artie understands, don't you Artie?" Quinn speaks up looking at the boy.

"Oh, of course. I-It's cool. Anything that takes away our time from rehearsing doesn't serve the team." Artie says but I could see it was bothering him. The bell rang and everyone stood up, Puck stands in front of me and I smiled.

"I'll meet you out there." I said, and he nods smiling at me before walking out. Everyone had piled out and I looked to see Artie was trying to tie his shoelaces, and I walked over to him kneeling in front of him.

"Here." I said, tying them and he smiles shyly.

"Thanks Phoenix."

"Sorry about all that, they're too dumb to realise how you feel."