SEVENTEEN

I laid on Jesse's chest, wearing one of his shirts and we were just talking about random things the past few hours. I looked up at Jesse who was humming a song, and I see him tapping away like he was nervous.

"You're staring."

"It's called admiring."

"It's creepy yet flattering." He says, moving his head to look at me, "I know I'm irresistible."

"Well you're not wrong I guess." I said, holding onto his hand but he doesn't hold on, "Are you okay?"

"You know I love you, right Phoenix?" Jesse says and I frowned a little.

"What's wrong?" I said, making him face me and looking into his eyes, "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Just- no matter what I love you. I really do, and I hope you don't forget that." Jesse says and his eyes were filled with...guilt?

"I won't." I said, frowning at him, "Jesse?"

"Just what happens, I don't want you to forget that." He whispered out and I nodded.

"Okay." I whispered out to him. He places a hand on my face, searching my face like he was trying to remember it. He then pulls me slowly to him, placing his lips onto mine and savouring the kiss like it was the last.

Being with him, maybe I did love him too. Didn't I deserve a shot at love too? I pulled away and I laid my head back on his chest, hearing him hum as I fell asleep.

===

I was walking down the hallway and suddenly I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked down to see it was from Kurt saying that they were on their way to the auditorium, Vocal Adrenaline were there.

I rushed over and I stepped into the auditorium, and I instantly felt sick. Up there with Vocal Adrenaline was, Jesse St James. The same boy from a few nights ago, telling me he loved me. He played Rachel. He played the club. And he played me.

"Jesse? What are you doing up there with them?" Rachel asked and I didn't know what to feel. I wanted to be angry and punch something, I wanted to cry so hard that I had no tears left. I was just in shock now.

"I've transferred back to Carmel High, Rachel. I'm sorry it's come to this, but you guys were awful to me." Jesse spoke not looking at me, "You never accepted me. You never listened to my clearly superior ideas."

"Why are you here in our auditorium?" Finn asked, furious.

"The blogs and chat rooms that we're finished and that you guys are ripe to topple us. We just wanted to show you a little something we came up with a few days ago to see if you agree with that." Jesse says and I had tears in my eyes.

The music begins and I watched him perform, even after everything I still wanted to hear his voice. Quinn wrapped her arms around me, trying to comfort me but I couldn't take my eyes off him. I hated him for having that effect.

"Thanks for letting us borrow your auditorium guys. It's quaint." One of the girls says. I walked onto the stage, people pushing past me and I stopped in front of Jesse.

"So, all those things you said to me, you've been saying to me- means nothing?"

"Phoenix-,"

"You know, you really had me. You did. You brought me happiness when I thought I didn't deserve it. I opened up to you, you broke down my walls and I did the same with you. I got to know you. But this person standing here, wasn't the boy I fell for." I said, and I held myself together from crying.