TWO

I sat by myself out in the courtyard, under a tree where I come to be by myself. No one typically comes out here, unless you were an outsider like me. My friends were all either, getting high in the bathrooms or at the skate park.

I sat out here by myself with my notebook, writing down lyrics as I hummed a tune. I've had this book for years, my mum had given it to me when I was 10. I've been doodling in it, along with writing lyrics. It was the many things I got from my mum that I still had, following my locket.

I fiddled with it as I sat there, minding my own business. It was quiet out here, and I liked it a lot. I had my earphones in and jumped suddenly when one of them was pulled out, I looked to see none other than Puck.

"Why are you everywhere?" I said, shutting my book before he had a chance to read it.

"I just saw you out here by yourself." Puck says, and I rolled my eyes. I looked to see he was staring at me making me raise an eyebrow.

"Can I help you?"

"You look pretty today." He says and I nodded slowly.

"Well, I'm busy." I said, and I packed my things. I see him rummage through his bag before pulling out a Hibiscus flower out.

"For you. Your favourite." He says, and I raised an eyebrow taking it out of his hands.

"Thanks." I said, slowly before standing up, "I've gotta go to class."

"Let me walk you."

"I'm fine."

"I want too." Puck says, and I shake my head.

"Seriously Noah, it's okay." I said, and I go to walk but he stops me.

"Let me."

"Puck, what do you want? I thought I made it clear that we shouldn't be seen together at school."

"So we are a thing?" Puck says, smirking and I rolled my eyes.

"Get out of my way before I take a crowbar to your knees." I said, pushing past him and walking into the school. Just as I walked down one of the hallways, I see a boy throw a slushie at Rachel and the cheerleaders laughing.

"Don't you have something important to do, like get a fake tan?" I said, walking over and Quinn looks at me.

"Why is this loser important to you? Did you stoop so low already? Or is she your girlfriend?" Quinn says, fake pouting.

"I thought you didn't care about me Q." I said, smirking.

"You losers deserve each other."

"Quinn do me a favour and pull your head out of your ass because it's not a hat. Being queen to the bitches isn't going to get you a pass in the real world."

"You can't talk, you were up here once upon a time." Quinn says and I walked closer to her.

"And I was, but then you did me the favour of seeing that it wasn't what I needed." I said, smirking at her before turning to Rachel, "Let's go." Leading Rachel to the nearest bathroom.

I had run some water and I decided to clean her, she was watching me closely as I was about to throw one on her too. It wouldn't surprise me, I had done it once or twice back in freshman year.

"You don't need to do this, I'm capable."

"Yeah well, I didn't want to go to class." I said, and she looks at me wearily.

"Why are you really doing this?" Rachel asked and I pursed my lips.

"We're in the same club, aren't we? Look I may not like you very much and I know the feeling is mutual, but no one should get slushied." I said, and she stares at me nodding her head slowly.