Questions

Enjoy!

I don't know what I was trying to do in this chapter, but I hope you like it anyways!

-=-=-=-

After stopping by Red Beryl's to grab a pair of gloves, you and Padparadscha walked out to the fields. Jade had said something about the chances of a 'Sunspot' showing up would be low, but still warned you to be careful. You thanked them, asking them if they wanted to keep an eye on Rose, since they seemed more mature.

"Eh? Are you... sure about this, Pea- I mean, Misery?" Jade's brows were raised high, their hands shook slightly in panic. They didn't know how to treat a Gem in the shape of a human baby. You giggled up at them, "Come on! I'm pretty sure you are a more careful Gem, and you don't do patrol." You smiled encouragingly.

Jade sighed, looking up to see a threatening Padparadscha behind you. They stared blankly at Jade, and it was enough to scare the crud out of them. "Okay, okay! I'll try.." Jade awkwardly picked Rose out of your arms. You helped adjust his hold, until it was correct.

"See? Just like that. If he cries, just cradle him like this." You made Jade's arms slowly move side to side. Jade hesitantly nodded, looking down at the mischievous baby. "Alright, I think I got it." You grinned, taking Padparadscha's hand in yours, "Thanks a million, Jade! I owe you one!" You yelled out as you grew farther from them. Jade nodded, too afraid to move their hand to wave back, and walked off.

You looked up at Padparadscha, who was already looking down at your smaller form. "So where do you want to go?" They asked, gesturing to the endless field. You were entranced by the colorful beauty it showed. Back on your island, it was rocky and gray; the only other color would be red, and you didn't want to explain why.

"Somewhere the others wouldn't usually patrol." You mumbled. Padparadscha smiled, "I know just the place." With a tug of your hand, you two were off. You couldn't stop looking at the many varieties of flowers, with their different shapes, sizes and colors. Padparadscha hid a chuckle, they would have to ask Diamond how to make flower crowns later.

After taking a long stroll, you both stopped at a cliff. You stared down in slight nervousness, it was a pretty long fall into the water. "So, you wanted to ask some questions?" Padparadscha mumbled, sitting down on the bright green grass.

You took a deep breath, sitting across from them, "Yes, the first one that's been bothering me  for a bit..." You stared into Padparadscha's beautiful hot pink eyes, and shook your head to concentrate on the situation.

"How did you find my letter?" You gripped your knees. Padparadscha smiled, "Well, I was on a stroll to the beach when I caught sight of a glimmer nearby. When I got closer, I noticed it's strange shape, as well as the letter inside." They explained, using their hands to make small gestures.

"How old are you?" You winced at your question, why did you ask something so personal?! Padparadscha rested a finger to their chin, thinking deeply about it. "Well, I'm very old, but I don't know my exact age. If we exclude Sensei, I'm the second oldest out of all of us." They nodded in confidence. 

Your eyes widened in amazement, they looked so young, but were so old! How could someone even reach such an age?! 'Oh wait, they're not human.....' You thought to yourself.

You cleared your throat, preparing to ask the next question. Each one you asked later on, Padparadscha answered with the best of their ability. Soon enough, you learned about the Lunarians, and why they did what they do; you learned about the history of the land, wonderstruck by their ability to live and prosper.

Most importantly, you learned why none of these guys had teeth.

After asking as many questions as possible, your jaw dropped, "Wow, all of you guys are really old." You muttered without much thought. You closed your mouth, apologizing through your hands. Padparadscha smiled, gently taking your hands off of your face. "It's okay, you're only human." They were so close to you, their nose almost nuzzled against yours.

You blushed wildly, but fought the desire to back up; if you did, you would fall off of the cliff. "Um, Pad-Padparadscha?" You stuttered deeply. They half lidded eyes stared into your bright green, humming in acknowledgment.

They were seriously trying to fight the need to kiss you. You acted just like Pearl, looked like Pearl and even sounded similar to Pearl! It was enough that you had arrived in their life so smoothly, but to have the same blabbermouth as Pearl- They felt like they were reliving their old memories, though it was changed.

That was something Padparadscha shared with a deep passion. Everything changed, and they would be left behind. It always sent dread down their entire being to wake up and find out that another Gem was lost to the Lunarians. To fall asleep and live through nightmares of lost gems until being woken up once more was always terrifying. The main reason they wanted Rutile to stop trying to help them, even if it was selfish.

"Who is this Pearl you keep talking about?" Your voice spoke up, causing their expression to change at the mentioning of Pearl. They moved back, causing you to instantly miss their close presence. You were worried that you had hit a sensitive topic, but Padparadscha laughed a bit, to your surprise.

After calming down from their small laugh fest, they looked out to the ocean behind you. "Ah Pearl... the Gem that stole my heart and crushed it to dust...."

-=-=-=-

Ummm