Chapter 1

Katie's POV

It's funny how one little mistake can change your whole life. Part of me wonders what would have happened if I would have never stepped foot in the bar in the first place. Or, if I would have just said no to that drink, or no when his hands were roaming my body as we kissed. No, when he laid me down on my back removing every single piece of clothing from my body.

It's funny that one two letter word could have changed the out come of that enter night, or even simply trying at home that night. Instead I made a decision that changed my life forever. I slept with Hunter Hameln.

However before we get into the stories, let's start from the beginning. August 21, 2015, the night I finally let my best friend Tasha convince me to go out with her. If only I knew that leaving my house this night would cause my life to never be the same.
~*~

August 21, 2015

"Why did I agree to this?" I asked Tasha pulling down the very short skin tight cocktail dress Tasha basically forced me to put on. I wasn't really a girl that liked wearing dressing and heels. I mean, I liked to look nice, looking nice to me doesn't mean putting on a dress. I honestly feel like I could have shown up here in black shorts, with fishnet tights, knee high boots and a cute short and look just as sexy. However, Tasha insisted on me wearing this.

Usually I would fight her on what I wear and she's give up, but tonight, she wasn't having it. "Because you love me." Tasha replied fluffing out her shoulder length big curly hair before she grabbed my arm and pulled me into Club 40/40. "Damn, why is it so packed!" I spoke over the music and Tasha rolled her eyes. "Girl, it's also this packed, you just never come out." She remarked and I rolled my eyes at her just like she had previously done to me.

"Come on." Tasha said leading the way through the thick crowd to the bar. I felt like a ant in this huge crowd, everyone was dancing and bumping into me, I could barely walk through the people. Someone even stepped on my toes, and everyone always wondered why I never come out.

I sighed in relief when Tasha and I are finally out of the sea of people and are able to breathe. "Geez! I feel like I just ran a mile." I commented and Tasha smacked her lips at me. "You're so dramatic." She replied and we both each take a seat down on one of the bar stools. "I'm just being honest." I responded and Tasha shook her head.

"What can I get you ladies?" The bartender asked and before either of us could respond a deep voice spoke up from behind us. "How about two martinis on me."

Tasha and I both turned around in our seats to see the one and only, Hunter Hameln. I hadn't seen him in years. Being polite I stood from my stool and pulled him into a hug. "It's been so long!" I exclaimed and he hugged me back before we pulled away.

"I know. Probably about what, five years?" Hunter replied and I nodded seating back in my seat. "Yeah, that's crazy!" I responded and Hunter gave me a charming smile.

He was just as deviously handsome as I remembered. His looks haven't changed much since high school. He kept his muscular figure, and his height of course... some things don't change. His hair was still it's normal dark brown, I had seen on social media that he dyed it blonde for a little while before he went back to his original color. I for one wasn't a fan of the blonde. I liked his dark hair it complimented his forest green eyes nicely, and his tan skin complexion.

"You haven't changed a bit." Hunter said looking me up and down and I shook my head. And apparently neither did he as far as personality wise. Hunter being my brother's best friend I saw the flirting first hand. "This is my best friend Tasha. Tasha this is Hunter. Shane's friend from high-school." I introduced and Tasha stood there star struck.