"Chapter 24~Their Hope."

Third Person's POV

Ella was awake the next morning but it wasn't the best day as she couldn't hold anything that she ate down. She was in a lot of pain and for the most part and slept during the day.

Besides one emergency Dean was by Ella's side every day. Ella was watching Nick Jr. while her breakfast was in front of her untouched. Dean was next to her on the bed as he tried to persuade her to eat.

"Bean, you've got to try and eat something," Dean voiced

"But, it makes my tummy upset," Ella voiced sadly

"I know baby girl but, you have to eat little to take your medicine," Dean explained

"Daddy it hurts," Ella voiced pointing to her wound.

It broke Dean's heart to see his daughter in so much pain. He wiped her tears with his thumb before placing a kiss on her head.

"I know baby but the nurse can't give you anything till you eat something," Dean voiced

"Can you try eat some applesauce?" Dean asked as Ella stared at her unopened applesauce.

She grabbed it and opened it and was able to get a couple of spoonfuls in.

"That's my girl," Dean voiced proudly which made Ella smile. After finishing her applesauce and a couple pieces of fruit she was to get some medicine.

It wasn't long till she fell asleep on Dean with Nick Jr in background. Meanwhile Dean and Sam decided that it was better that they go there on separate ways for the time being.

Of course, Sam made sure that he saw Ella before leaving but, didn't want to get her worked up either.

After a couple hours Ella was awake and snuggled with her Dad while they watched TV.

"Daddy?" Ella asked as Dean brought his attention to her.

"Why are you and Uncle Sammy still sad?" Ella asked but Dean sighed

"Ella, don't worry about us, right now I care about you getting better," Dean voiced

"But Daddy-

"Ella," Dean voiced with a tone Ella new way too well.

"Okay," Ella voiced sadly

Dean understood Ella's concern but, she was a kid and didn't need to know everything and the last thing he wanted was to get her worked up. Ella laid her head against her Dad as he placed a kiss on her head.

While Dean spent most his time at the hospital Bobby was discharged but his hopes to be able to walk were crushed and with Castiel casted out of heaven he lost a lot of his powers.

Ella didn't sleep through the day as much but, what was alarming was her pain was getting worse. Dean was worried and the worst came to mind.

It hurt him to see his daughter in so much pain and can't do anything. They had been in the hospital for a little over two weeks now and in that time Dean and Sam were able to realize that they're not weaker together.

They're stronger.

Dean was in the hospital with Ella who could once again barely eat her food. Or keep it down at least. Sam was able to stay as well that night so they could talk to the doctor.

"Uncle Sammy!" Ella voiced surprised as he walked in the room.

She made grabbing hand towards him as Sam chuckled hugging his niece and a kiss on the head.

Ella was asleep by the time the doctor came by and luckily there was no sign of infection.

They decide to give her some stronger medicine along with nausea medicine to help her feel better. There wasn't much else that they could do so they planned to discharge her tomorrow.

Both stayed the night and Ella was good until it was three in the morning. Sam was asleep in the chair and Dean was right next to Ella in the hospital bed.

"Daddy," Ella nudged him but he didn't wake up. She tried again but, that didn't work either.

"Uncle Sammy," Ella voiced as he shifted in his sleep

"Hey, what's wrong?" Sam asked rubbing his eyes.

"I'm hungry," Ella voiced as Sam chuckled

"All right, I'll go check with the nurses," Sam got up from his chair and went outside and luckily he was able to find Ella's nurse.

Sam came back with two popsicles and some crackers. He didn't want her throwing up and the nurse suggested it.

Dean was still asleep and Ella was looking at her Nemo when Sam walked back in.

"Yay!" Ella voiced maybe a little too loud as Dean woke up.

"What's happening?" Dean voiced half-awake.

"Nothing, go back to sleep," Sam dismissed his brother.

"Sorry," Ella whispered

"It's alright, munchkin," Sam voiced as Ella giggled at the name.

It probably was until almost five that Ella went back to sleep. They boys had to take care of a lot before Ella got discharged.

Making sure all her medicine was in order along with making sure they change her bandages as well to prevent infection.

Once everything was sorted out they got everything pack in the Impala. Sam was holding Ella as her arms were wrapped around his neck.

Doctors said that it would be another couple of weeks till she could be bouncing off the walls so making sure she kept the activity to a minimum was important.

"Daddy!" Ella voiced as Dean looked up concerned

"I love you!" Ella voiced with made Dean smile.

"And I love you!" Ella voiced bopping Sam's nose as Sam rubbed his nose against hers making her laugh.

With the end of world looming the brothers couldn't be happier that they still had their little ray of sunshine. It gave them something to keep fighting for.

They'd fight for her till they couldn't and still would do everything in their power to keep her safe. Of course, things were bound to happen but, both brothers promised themselves to look after her.

She was too important to them to lose.

To be continued...