Chapter 26

Main P.O.V

Moon Byul wanted a break.

A break from her thoughts and her past.

A break from pretending to be invincible.

When the evening sky turned completely dark, the girl dressed as a boy found herself walking further away from Xiu Min's ward. Her client was being helped by the male staffs to clean himself in the toilet, since he could now moved better with a wheelchair.

Moon Byul tucked her cold hands into her pockets, a habit she has been consistently doing for years ever since she changed her image. Her eyes glistened below the dim moonlight, searching for a spot to sit down nearby the hospital building.

After a minute of looking around, she finally arrived at the garden again, since it was the only place that wouldn't be filled with people at night. She aimed for a quiet place where she could let go of herself without people watching.

She sat on the bench where she had a conversation with Kris, because the position was aesthetically pleasing to look at. Besides, the moon was visibly clear above her.

She took out her phone, checking the message Solar sent her after she fainted.

[I'm sorry, Byullie. I must've scared you, I'm really sorry. Please get some rest and don't think about it too much. Give me a call when you're feeling okay.]

A sigh escaped her lips as she closed her eyes in frustration. How could she faint just by mentioning him? How could she be so weak? Every time?

Every time.

She shut her phone off, wanting to get some space to herself. A pain in grew stronger in her chest as she lifted up her head towards the moon. The light coming from the fully round sphere made her stare at it longer than usual.

As she sadly gazed upon the moon, the flashes of her past seven years ago replayed in her mind, and so she lets out sighs in between her thoughts.

If only she hadn't met him, maybe she would not experience this much pain. Maybe she would have been an average girl trying to chase her dreams.

Moon Byul sneered at the word 'dreams'.

Just what is her dream anyway?

It has been so long since she last thought of something she liked more than what she is doing now. Sure, she grew in love with her job. But for once she tried to think of something else she could've done other than working in the harsh profession- she realized she had nothing.

Excluding her punching bag and agent training, she had no other hobby. Cleaning her gun? Does that count? Is that even normal to begin with?

Another deep sigh came out of her mouth as she shot a frown at the moon, as if trying to convey her feelings to it. As if the moon understood what she felt deep inside.

As if-

"Your sigh is awfully loud, I could hear it from my room."

The girl turned her head towards the sudden voice, bewildered to see Xiu Min in his wheelchair that was coming towards her.

"W-what are you doing here?" She blurted, too startled. How long has he been there? Was he watching her the whole time?

The wheelchair stopped right beside the bench where Moon Byul had settled on, and by the looks of it, Xiu Min seemed like he had mastered how to control the thing.

Moon Byul stared at him, wide-eyed. But the boy's eyes were fixed onto the moon, his lips forming a little pout.

"Seems like my friend the moon is comforting someone else tonight." He said, his tone full of composure.