Chapter 38

"What?" I frowned as I watched the boys pack their things that were in my living room. "You're leaving? Now?"

"Yup." That was all that came out from Eric's mouth as he wore his backpack and stood up.

I started to feel my face getting numb. I couldn't help but to imagine myself spending alone time with Xiu Min again. Not after telling him a part of my hidden past. Recovering from him kissing me at the hospital was already a torture, imagine how long will I be embarrassed because of last night!

That ain't happening!

"Yah, why? Why are you leaving now? We just finished breakfast!"

"Why do you sound like you want us to stay? That's a first." He scoffed.

"I just think you're leaving too fast!" I exclaimed.

"Well, captain. We have a lot of things to report back to the boss. And we need to plan a more precise strategy before the party." Hyun Woo came over to Eric's side, automatically backing him up. "You can just look over Xiu Min, since that's your legit job. I'll contact Suga, and Kris. You just have to keep an eye on the idol."

"Idol." I repeated how he addressed Xiu Min, finally realizing how glamorous the name sounded. All this time, I didn't even care about what XiuMin does. What is his position in EXO anyway?

"Yeah, idol. Xiu Min has thousands of fans that would kill to be with him." Sandeul chuckled, taking his words as a joke while Eric nodded furiously. "No joke bro, he is really famous."

"Geurae?" My tone slowly dropped, my mind now wandering far to the fact that I never cared about his status before.

And the fact that they all know him before I did. Gosh, and talk about his fans? Just the thought of how many fans he could have managed to strike a nerve in me. How many girls out there are head over heels over this guy? How many are there willing to do anything just to meet him face to face?

"Okay then, we have to go." Hyun Woo was already marching towards my front door, and I snapped out of my floating thoughts, my jaws dropping.

"Yah, can't you guys just stay?"

The three grown up boys -okay fine, men- looked at me with squinted eyes and lopsided brows.

"Are you scared of something, captain?" Hyun Woo's question made me speechless for a second. "Because if you're afraid of Haneul, then come with us back to the headquarters. It'll be safer there."

The name of that sickening person made my heart dropped.

Technically, it's not about him. But at the same time, Hyun Woo managed to remind me that I should be careful in case something happens in the future.

As I sank into my world of doubt and fear, I could no longer respond normally to them. I pressed my lips into a straight line, shaking my head.

"Nope, I'm okay. You guys should go."

"You sure?" Sandeul asked. "Will you be okay?"

I faked a big smirk, punching his arms softly. "Just because you three discovered my secret, doesn't mean I'm still not that badass captain that could kick your asses like- right now?"