Chapter 18 Fuel

DANNY

"So what are you telling me?" I asked impatiently glaring at Kate leaning against my car with my arms folded as I shut on eye in the sun. She took a deep breath rolling her eyes as I raised my eyebrows pissed off already with her indecisive confusing bullshit. "So this is cool to you?" I asked sarcastically. "Just sleeping with me to treating me like I'm just some regular fucking dude the next day?" I argued as my throat formed a lump my stomach fell into a tightened knot. "Unbelievable" I whispered under my breath shaking my head looking away. "I just think we need a break" She exhaled putting her hands in her hair. "Nah you need a break" I scoffed.

"Never when I'm fucking you though" I rolled my eyes feeling played as I clenched down on my jaw. "Stop" She argued back. "No you fucking stop, I'm not gonna fucking stop because I didn't do shit to you" I argued back narrowing my eyes. "You link up with your fucking ex boyfriend behind my back and kiss him. Then you hide it from me just to blame me for why you fucking did it." I aggressively stated. "That's if you only kissed" I mumbled avoiding eye contact. "I just think we should focus on Cayden right now and healthy parenting" She sniffled looking away wiping a tear away from her cheek. "What's wrong with you?" I asked opening my arms.

"Tell me how to fix this and I will, just tell me what the fuck to do and I'll do it. I said I was sorry don't do this why are you doing this? This is what we do we fucking argue for idiotic reasons and make up" I paused licking my lips. "Look I will do this for the rest of my life if it includes you, I just want you can you just stop pushing me away because you're afraid. You can't stand here and say you don't love me, I changed my fucking ways for you." I began ranting becoming vulnerable for her and desperate as I couldn't help myself.

"We're suppose to be a family" I said blinking battling off some tears as my eyes watered. "I have to go Danny you can have Cayden on weekends for now" She exhaled as I glared at her for a moment coming to the realization of we were breaking up.
"If you push through with this I will fucking hate you" I mumbled as we both became stubborn avoiding eye contact. "That's fine" She sniffled as I came to a slow nod turning around to get into my car as I slammed the door.

All she thought about was herself she didn't care about me or how I fucking felt. She was inconsiderate to Cayden and how the situation could effect him because she's afraid. Afraid she's missing out on fucking something or someone because she's a 'Young Mother' in her words. When she isn't missing out on shit or anyone else when I'm standing right fucking here willing to give her everything in me. There wasn't nothing I would risk or sacrifice for Kate. If it came down to it I would give her the life within me if she ever needed it.

I figured I could respect her time and space and just try and be civil for Caydens sake. I guess I was kinda hoping somewhere deep down she actually loved and cared about me and if she does she'll come back to me within time. Shit for now, I was experiencing the worse pain in the world. I'm severely heart broken as I tried to focus on work and being the best dad I can be for now for my son. At the end of the day if Kate and I didn't work out I still loved my son more than anything or anyone in this entire world. He was all I got he was the one piece of Kate I'd always have.

"Stay out late?" My mom asked while carrying groceries into the house as I was walking up the driveway slowly hungover rubbing up the back of my head. "What is all this?" I whispered under my breath slowly taking bags from her hands walking past her into the house. "You haven't bought anything within a week" She said as I took a deep breath walking to the kitchen putting the bags down on the counter. "Sorry just been busy I guess" I mumbled rubbing my hands down my face overwhelmed with my emotions after sleeping at Kate's.

"So I been thinking" She said slapping her hand down on the counter as I slowly laid my forehead down on my arms leaning over closing my eyes listening. "I been seeing someone and I think I'm gonna get my own place" She whispered under her breath as I instantly looked up. "What do you mean seeing someone?" I raised a brow. "Well I guess he's just a friend for now but he's really sweet" She exhaled placing her hand on her hip as I folded my arms a bit surprised and speechless.