Chapter 25 Back Bone

"I'm outside" Danny mumbled on the phone before hanging up, I exhaled hanging up as I put on Cayden's coat as he began fussing. "Shhh it's okay babe" I whispered putting his hat on sliding it down over his ears picking him up carefully adjusting his hood up. "Come on let's go" I whispered trying to comfort Cayden as I was pacing around the room. Making sure I had everything I put the diaper bag over my shoulder and my purse getting ready to leave.

"I'll be back babe!" I yelled to Mason as he didn't answer me back while showering, I rolled my eyes walking out of the room as I heard Danny beep twice. "I'm coming!" I said to myself in a annoyance walking downstairs with Cayden. "Shhhh" I whispered while opening the door as Danny hopped out the car jogging up to me. "Here here here" He mumbled taking the diaper bag off my shoulder putting it over his and grabbing Cayden. "What's wrong bud?" Danny whispered looking at Cayden zipping up his jacket more walking back to the car.

"He's just fussy" I whispered under my breath getting into the passenger seat as Danny hooked Cayden into his car seat. "I gave him a bath and he had a full bottle and cereal" I said looking over my shoulder at Danny adjusting the seat belt. "It's just cause he's teething" Danny said shutting the door walking back around to get in.

"Thanks for taking me" I said looking at Danny focusing on pulling off then out the window. "What's wrong with your car?" Danny asked while keeping his vision on traffic. "Mason blew the engine" I said tilting my head on the window as Danny scoffed shaking his head. "And you're paying for it?" He raised a brow looking at me then back at the road as I rolled my eyes.

"Where is his car?" He asked again glancing at me then the road. "We just share mine for now" I said as Danny shook his head. "You hungry? Did you eat?" He asked licking his lips sitting up with one hand on the wheel. "No" I answered as he nodded putting his turning signal on turning into McDonald's drive thru.

He took a deep breath seeming annoyed as he sat back texting I looked out the window at other people. "I don't know why you let dude just live off you" Danny mumbled looking down at his phone. "Just get your own shit and leave the weirdo" He said as I took a deep breath. "He's a fucking weirdo" He said shaking his head. "I don't wanna live with my mom" I said looking at Danny.

"Okay?" He moved his eyebrows down looking at me. "Get your own apartment and car? Look boom self explanatory, simple, easy, stop being stupid" He said moving up slowly in the line coming off judgmental. "Can't afford right now" I rolled my eyes as Danny hesitantly blinked at me. "I have to pay my phone bill, rent, utilities, car insurance, my two credit cards on top of payment plans for my loans" I argued counting on my fingers as Danny listened closely.

"Not everyone comes from a wealthy family" I mentioned offended. "What credit cards?" He narrowed his eyes. "I got approved for a Capital One and American Express" I said biting down on my nail. So I've been financially busting my ass because Mason got laid off and hasn't went to find work elsewhere yet supporting us both.

"What could you possibly max those out at?" Danny asked. "A few thousand" I exhaled. "Mason wanted us to get all new stuff for the house" I explained as Danny shook his head clenching down on his jaw twice putting his fist to his mouth. "You mean to tell me you let dude convince yourself into debt basically is what you're admitting?" Danny asked raising his eyebrows eagerly as I rolled my eyes. "Dude something is fucking wrong with you" He said shaking his head sitting back as the line moved a little.

"And pretty soon Cayden will need daycare" I said.
"Covered already have it prepaid the first year" Danny mumbled focusing on the line as I raised my eyebrows shocked looking at him. "Well then" I said putting a strand of hair behind my ear. "What do you some money or something?" He asked me as I rolled my eyes he looked away shaking his head slowly rolling down his window to order.