-bittersweet-

Instagram Notification: You have 34 Unread Messages

Jungkook ignored this and threw his phone aside, feeling refreshed from last night's sleep. Taehyung had slept on his couch, which his parents didn't mind considering they weren't there. This didn't upset Jungkook. His parents always working far away for long periods of time meant a lot of freedom, and a lot of opportunities to have people over. He wondered if Taehyung was awake. The air smelled sweet, almost like a bakery.

"Taehyung?" he called.

Taehyung walked over to Jungkook's bedroom, holding a spatula. He looked strikingly similar to when the pair had shared their first video chat. Disheveled, shiny blonde hair, his face gorgeously bare, and lastly, he was shirtless yet again. It took all of Jungkook's willpower to not let his gaze travel down Taehyung's body, not daring to stare at his faint abs and muscular thighs beneath his low-riding grey sweatpants. That also definitely wasn't the only body part the pants brought attention to..

"Good morning!" Taehyung chirped. "You woke up right on time, I made pancakes!"

Jungkook felt lost for words.

"Oh, wow, um..thank you!" He managed to say.

"Yeah, I noticed you had some mix so I just thought I'd make some really quick. I hope that was okay.." Taehyung trailed.

"Of course it is, Tae."

Taehyung seemed to brighten at Jungkook's use of the nickname. There was no longer any mention of "Taehyung" or "Jungkook", only their pet names for each other.

"I was thinking we could go to the fair today, since it's your last day in Busan. It's a lot of fun here." Jungkook said.

"I believe you," Taehyung beamed. "I'd love to."

At that moment, Jungkook's awfully dirty mind was not focused on Taehyung's pants, but rather, spending the day with him.

🌸🌸🌸

"Are you kidding me?" Jungkook scoffed.

"I believe 'thank you' are the words you're looking for." Taehyung said grinning.

He handed Jungkook the fifth stuff animal he'd won for him that night. Jungkook rolled his eyes. Suddenly, he gasped.

"Oh, Tae!" Jungkook exclaimed, eyes wide and sparkling. "Let's ride the Ferris wheel, oh please!"

Taehyung chuckled at his child-like tone.

"Alright, sure. I think we should have enough time for that. Remember though, we can't be late for my train."

Jungkook frowned at the thought of Taehyung leaving. He wasn't sure why, but he was enjoying himself so very much. He felt like Taehyung completely understood him, like Jimin did. However, he wasn't eager to get into Jimin's pants like he was for his Tae. Jungkook swallowed hard.

Once they climbed into the Ferris wheel, time seemed frozen. The air was sweet with the scent of carnival snacks, a slight breeze keeping the pair cool. Jungkook took this time to stare at Taehyung, marveling at his gorgeous looks and thinking about everything he had experienced this weekend.

"Tae?"

"Yeah, Kook?"

"What's wrong with you?"

"Excuse me?"

Jungkook backtracked, realizing he sounded a little rude.

"I mean, where are your flaws? What aren't you good at? How are you so perfect?"

The confusion on Taehyung's face melted into a shy smile.

"There's a lot wrong with me, Kookie. You don't even know. I know we're friends now, but there's still a lot you don't know about me. I'm not perfect. No one is." he said, his eyes never leaving Jungkook's face.

Jungkook's chest filled with a terrible feeling. Like a terrible urgency to know all of Taehyung's secrets. A strong desire to know him better than anyone else could. He tried to push it from his mind.

At that moment, their Ferris wheel ride came to an end, and the pair exited the ride. It was getting late, so they left, heading straight to drop off Taehyung at the train station. Of course, Jungkook grabbed a cotton candy before they left.

The short drive there was unusually painful for Jungkook, he devoured his cotton candy hoping the sweet treat would make him feel better. Taehyung took a piece for himself as well.

They pulled up to the train station and got out of the car. Taehyung gathered his luggage and stared at Jungkook. Neither of them said anything for a moment.

"You know," Jungkook said quietly, breaking the silence. "I think you really are perfect."

Taehyung smiled softly. "I'm starting to feel the same way about you, Kookie." he whispered.

They continued to stare at each other. Jungkook's starry doe eyes bore into Taehyung's. Neither wanted to say goodbye.

Taehyung leaned forward, breaking eye contact with Jungkook to instead stare at his small, pink lips. Without warning, he pressed his full lips against Jungkook's.

Jungkook's eyes widened, but he remained silent, relishing the feeling of Taehyung's soft lips. The sweetness of their shared cotton candy lingered on Taehyung's lips. Jungkook felt totally blissful and ecstatic, as if flowers had bloomed in his insides.

Taehyung broke their kiss. To Jungkook's surprise, he wore a look of horror and almost disgust.

"W-What?" Jungkook squeaked.

"I'm sorry." Taehyung said sternly. He looked bewildered at his own action.

"Tae, it's ok—"

"No, Kook. I'm sorry. I gotta go." he mumbled, turning around and walking away quickly.

Jungkook wanted to call after him. He wanted to chase after him. Sadly, he couldn't move or speak, watching Taehyung disappear in the distance.

—————————————
I was thinking about updating less frequently, since I've been pretty much updating daily. I just don't want this fic to end too soon. But I've been enjoying writing so much I don't think I will.