Chapter 6: Persephone

"Ashley!"

Ashley grumbled incoherently under her breath before turning to face the source of the irritatingly shrill voice that called out to her. Kyra ran up to her with the fakest smile she'd ever seen and locked their arms together. The brunette pulled Ashley along as she rambled on and on about things the Potter Heiress really could not (and would never) be bothered to care about. Ashley discretely distanced herself, fighting the urge to simply rip her arm away, and slowed her pace to a stop. Kyra, much too self-involved, didn't even notice that she was walking alone now. Ashley veered through the other students, relieved that she was finally rid of the younger Gryffindor.

Kyra Pierce had done nothing but bother her since the first day of classes. Ashley could have honestly dealt with the situation better if the girl was as callous as she was back then, but no. Kyra was being an obnoxious little brat who had apparently made it her personal mission to join the Marauders, something that was far beyond consideration. Ashley was lucky that they were in different years and thus, had different schedules. Unfortunately, when their free periods aligned, Kyra immediately sought out the Potter Heiress like she did earlier. Ashley would have seen it as some sort of hero adoration phase, similar with Colin Creevey who she had yet to meet, but she knew who she was dealing with. She had no doubt that Kyra and, by extension, her family had less-than-innocent intentions.

The Pierces, from what the Marauders had gathered, were not quite an influential family, but they were very loyal to the Dumbledore and the light side. Kyra was the only child to a pure-blood mother (Farah) and a Muggle-born father (Graham). This obviously made her a half-blood yet she certainly didn't act like one. Her superiority complex rivaled Lucius', having such a huge ego despite having done nothing crucial in her life yet. As far as Ashley could sense, there was nothing remotely special about her magic core. Kyra's parents were also not that big of a deal. They were part of the Order but magic-wise, they were average at most. The family wasn't wealthy and the only connections they had were through Dumbledore but Ashley couldn't be too sure. They could be more powerful than they let on.

Ashley leaned against the corridor wall and dug deep within her satchel for the class schedule. With the recent turmoil her mind was going through on a daily basis, she hadn't had the proper focus to memorize her schedule just yet.

GRYFFINDOR SECOND YEAR SCHEDULE

TIME

MONDAY

TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

9:00-10:30

History of Magic (H)

~

Herbology (H)

~

DADA (S)

10:30-10:45

BREAK

BREAK