°23°

Evelyn
The mysterious man with lilac eyes stood in front of us and his gun was aimed towards me. Hatred burned brightly inside his eyes. I could feel the fear coming off Yui in big waves but I felt nothing.

"Get away from her you filthy beast!" shouted the man. My eyebrow rose. "How can you call us beasts when you are a vampire too," I said calmly.

I could see him flinch then the hatred burned even brighter. "I said get away from her!" he shouted once more. His outburst still didn't faze me. Then something caught my eyes.

Hidden well, but not well enough, was a Vampire Hunter mark. Suddenly it hit me.

"Zero-nii," I whispered out. The growing, cold wind carried my voice to him and his eyes widened. "Is that you Yang?" he asked. I involuntarily winced when he said my old name yet the feeling of this reunion overpowered the bitter hurt from my past.

A smile wound up on my face and tears brimmed my eyes. "It's me Zero-nii," I said softly. Within the blink of an eye he was hugging me tightly and his head was buried in the crook of my neck.

I hugged him back with as much force. We stayed like this for a few more seconds before he was ripped away from me. Kou-nii and Azusa-nii stood protectively in front of me. "Who the hell do you think you are to just hug our sister just like that!" shouted Yuma.

Zero-nii frowned at them and was about to take his gun out so I ran from behind my brothers and stood between them and Zero. "Stop it," I growled which caused them to freeze instantly.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "Look, Zero-nii was my brother before I met you all. We got separated when I was six and that's when I met my papa," I explained.

The Mukamis and Zero continued glaring at each other. I sighed once again, knowing full well that these two families would not get along.

- Time skip by a lazy author -

We stood in Kaien's office while he fangirled about how cute I was. Ten minutes later, we were back to business.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Sakamaki. It is also a pleasure to meet the oh so popular Mukami brothers," said Kaien. "I am sure that you already know who Zero is by now, so we can wait for my daughter to come along with the president of the night class."

This intrigued me, since Kaien Cross has no biological children. "Mr Cross, if you don't mind. Who is your daughter?" I asked while bowing at a ninety degree angle.

"You will know in due time because I'd rather have her introduce herself to you." As soon as the words left a knock resonated from the door.

"Come in."