• fifty nine (final chapter) •

As Phoenix stood across from her husband at the alter, her mind flashed back to how her morning began and how she wasn't expecting to be surprised with an entire wedding ceremony.

Her day started as any other except for the fact that she woke up to an empty bed. She was used to Chris leaving early for set but filming had wrapped just a few days prior and she was now 19 weeks pregnant. She figured maybe he got up early to take the dogs on a walk as they were gone as well until she noticed a sheet of paper laying neatly on his pillow. She didn't even have to pick it up to recognized the scribbly, all capital letters that was his handwriting.

DEAR PHOENIX,

I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW AMAZING THESE LAST FEW YEARS WITH YOU HAVE BEEN. LIKE ANY OTHER COUPLE, WE'VE HAD OUR UPS AND DOWNS BUT I WOULDN'T CHANGE ANY OF THAT FOR THE WORLD. YOU'VE CHANGED MY LIFE SO MUCH JUST BY BEING YOUR HONESY, CREATIVELY INTELLIGENT, DEVOTEDLY LOYAL, AND BEAUTIFUL SELF.

YOU'RE MY WIFE AND PARTNER, ONE OF MY MOST TRUSTED CONFIDANTS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, MY BEST FRIEND. I KNOW WE'VE BOTH HAD TO PUT IN A LOT TO MAKE THIS RELATIONSHIP WORK BUT YOU WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND AND COMPLETELY OPENED YOUR HEART TO ME. NOT TOO LONG AGO, MARRIAGE AND CHILDREN WERE THE TOPICS WE AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE BUT NOW WE'RE TACKLING THEM HEAD ON AND I COULDN'T FEEL MORE BLESSED TO BE DOING IT ALL WITH YOU.

TODAY, I WANT TO SHOW YOU HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL OF THE HARD WORK YOU PUT INTO OUR RELATIONSHIP SO I PLANNED A SMALL GATHERING WHERE I WILL BE ABLE TO SAY ALL OF THESE THINGS AND MORE IN FRONT OF OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND A PRIEST.

AT EXACTLY 10:00AM, JULIE, GWEN, AND YOUR MOM WILL BE AT THE DOOR WITH A WHITE DRESS THAT THEY PICKED OUT FOR THIS SPECIFIC OCCASION. AT 12:30PM, ALL OF OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL START ARRIVING WITH TOM MAKING SURE EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTHLY. AT 1:00PM, YOUR FATHER WILL WALK YOU DOWN THE AISLE WHERE I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU AT THE ALTER. AT 6:00PM, WE'LL BE ON OUR WAY TO GREECE WHERE I'LL SPEND THE NEXT 8 DAYS SHOWERING YOU WITH LOVE.

SEE YOU IN A FEW HOURS HONEYBEE.

LOVE,

YOUR HUSBAND

Now Phoenix was standing across from the man she married in city hall over two months ago as her family and friends sat before them.

Beside her stood her sister, Julie as well as her cousin, Gwen; while Scott and Tom stood beside Chris. The fact that Chris put aside everything that happened and asked Tom to be a part of the ceremony made Phoenix's heart full. She could only imagine how hard it was to stand beside someone who spent countless nights making out with his wife.

"The couple has prepared their own vows." The priest informed. "Chris, if you wouldn't mind starting."

"Genevieve, watching you grow and mature into the woman you are today has been one of the most satisfying journeys I've had the pleasure of witnessing. The thing I love most about you is the fact that in spite of everything, you always find a way to get through every obstacle life throws your way and evolve into an even stronger woman than before. That is a quality that I pray our daughter possesses." Chris began. "You are beautiful beyond words and you never fail to surprise me with your love, affection, and understanding. I um-" Chris stopped when he felt himself getting choked up. "I'm not even going to apologize. Almost everyone here knows how much of a cry baby I am."

Phoenix laughed while cuffing his face in her hands and wiping away his fresh tears with his thumbs. "I love you."

"I love you more." He placed a hand on top of Phoenix's before continuing. "You are my entire world baby and there's nothing that will ever change that. I promise to spend my entire life listening to you, loving you, protecting you, and making you laugh. And I will never fail to remind you how lucky I am to have you since you're completely out of my league."