Part 3- A Burning Star

Cordelia's P. O. V

I bolted away, squeezing my hand as I felt pain.

A star mark was burned into it. I gasped, I had too of been still dreaming.

I pinched myself, I almost shouted as it hurt so bad. I was awake. Garrett had somehow gotten into my dream and physically hurt me.

I pushed out of bed, checking the clock.

5:30 A. M.

The kids had another hour. I ran myself a bath, chilling in it as I was wondering what else Garrett could do.

He claims the ' Royal Court ' owed him a favor. If they owed him a favor, I'd know our case would be thrown out and we'd all be forced to go to dinner.

I couldn't let this happen. Clearly, Garrett is up too something, if he can access dreams and physically get too you.

I relaxed, afraid too dose off as I let the warm water rush over my body. I admired my belly ring, I had snuck out and done it with a bunch of my friends over a year ago.

Over a year ago, my life could have never been more perfect.
-

" Babes! " My dad yelled for all us too come downstairs.

I groaned, yanking my headphones out of my ears as I seen Hadlee running downstairs and Alec glaring at her.

We all sat down on the couch, looking at the football game he had going.

" You're going to have another sibling! " My mom beamed out as she held dads hand in on, ultrasound pictures in the other.

Hadlee was happy, she wanted another sister.

Alec had wanted a brother.

And I .. I knew my moms dirty secret.

" Cordy? " Dad asked me, waving his hand in front of me," boy or girl? "

" I suppose boy. I like the name Waylon." I told her, that was almost Hadlee's name if she were a boy.

He would have been 2 this year.

Something had happened too him, I believe my mom had snuggled into dark magic.

Werewolves cannot have a miscarriage, unless they fall pregnant under the blue moon.

It's almost impossible for a werewolf too conceive with someone who is not their mate, destined by the Moon Goddess.

I think Garrett was involved.

I remember the ultrasounds as he grew. He was in fact, a boy. He had plenty of hair, 10 fingers and 10 toes. He was gonna be a heifer.

My mom claims he came stillborn, which is almost unheard of when it comes too werewolves. She had allowed nobody too see him, only herself and the doctor.

I swear too this day, I heard him crying. Maybe that was my heart; because I knew, that precious baby would have been the last chance we had too hold our family together.

It all crumbled from there.

-

I jumped as I heard the alarm blaring in my room, I wrapped my towel around me and ran too set it off. I pulled on a thong, leggings and a sports bra.

I woke the kids up, running downstairs too make breakfast. As they ate, I washed my face, brushed my teeth and applied deodorant.

They quickly got dressed and we set out. I had them there 2 minutes before bell and I rushed off too the center.

" Alpha," I bowed as I stepped in.

" Cordelia," He noticed me and motioned for me too carry on.

I did my normal, many miles on the treadmill, 500 sit ups today, 600 donkey kicks each leg, 600 crunches, I did 8 planks for 10 minutes each and then I took off around the house. I came back, drinking plenty of water as I then grabbed gloves for the boxing bag.

Once or twice a week, Alpha Jack watches me as I train. He is who guarantees that someone is worthy of a warrior- after all, his job as Alpha is too make sure everyone is safe and protected.

I worked extra hard, pounding the bag, kicking the bag.

Tomorrow, I would train in my wolf form, he would watch then too.

Once I finished, I bowed too him, taking my phone and a towel as I left.

I grabbed snacks from the pack kitchen, eating them as I dried myself off with the towel.

I grabbed the kids and we went home.

Homework, dinner and showers were done and I had set them off too bed.

Ever since this morning, I hadn't been able too feel safe. Was Garrett watching us? Could he see me every time? Or only in a dream?

I cringed as I heard his voice in my head repeating," See you soon, step daughter."

I will never be his daughter, nothing even close. Garrett has no children of his own, his mate is dead. Probably by him.

In 2009, Garrett was almost kicked out of the pack. Many had thought he had killed her, his marks all over her, somehow, he was proven innocent.

Probably another favor that was owed too him. Nobody knows why she had died, they do know she was carrying a child. Not even 15 weeks, it was ripped out and laid beside her, on the cold wet grass.

Ever since then, I had stepped up and promised too take care of my siblings; life or death. I will die for them. That's how it should be and that is how it will be.

I had questions- whenever he came back...

If he does.