Choices

Dara visited Mi Kyung. She brought her some lemon tart and flowers. Mi Kyung is happy upon seeing her.

"I'm glad to see you again, child. You've been busy." Mi Kyung said.

"I'm sorry, Mom. Just stress with work and all." she said. Mi Kyung holds her hand. "Don't work too hard, Dara-ah. You're young and beautiful. You should spend time with your friends and with Kwon Ji Yong."

Dara smiles sadly. Mi Kyung noticed it. "What's wrong?"

"Mom, Ji Yong and I haven't talked for two weeks now." she said.

"Why?" Mi Kyung asks curiously.

Dara sighs. "We had a fight. He told me that there's an offer for him in Hollywood. He needs to be there immediately but he wants me to go with him. I told him I can't because I want to spend my time with you. I try to compromise with him but he didn't accept it. He even accuses me of staying because of Young Bae. We haven't talked since then. No calls or texts." Dara explains.

Mi Kyung smiles sadly. "Aigoo... You had your first fight. But child, why do you want to stay with me? Don't you want to be with him?"

"I want to, Mom. But I also want to be there for you. I lost my parents in a snap and I wasn't with them. I'm still a denial of it but I want to be there for you until the day comes that you're leaving us." Dara said. Mi Kyung hugs her daughter. "My Dara, Mom is fine if you choose to be with him. I won't be upset. I also think it's better. You won't see me suffer. You will just remember as your healthy and happy mom. If you want to go with Ji Yong, I won't stop you. I understand and I will support you." she then let go of Dara. Dara is already crying. Mi Kyung wiped her tears.

"All I wanted is that you have someone who will take care of you before I'm gone. I know Ji Yong will do that. He promised me." Mi Kyung said.

"But Mom..."

Mi Kyung silences her by squeezing her hand. "I'm fine, Dara-yah. Whatever decision you make, I will always support you. But I want you to know that I am not upset if you decided to leave us and went to America with Ji Yong." Dara hugs Mi Kyung as she continues to cry.

---

As days go by, Dara feels upset the fact Ji Yong didn't contact her. She saw him once but he's looking straight forward. Mr. Ha saw her. He waved his hand on her and smiling apologetically. She understands he's upset but not talking to her for too long is too much.

She's walking outside KEBN for lunch when she saw an unfamiliar shop. That shop was a salon before but now, seeing a coffee logo on the window, it is now a coffee shop. Then he remembers Seung Ri and Mino. She smiles. They got the place. They didn't even tell her. She walks toward it to have a look. The shop isn't open yet but she can see that inside is fully equipped already. The tables aren't set yet and some boxes are still on the floor. Then she saw Seung Ri came out from the kitchen. He looks outside the window and saw her. She waved her hand on him. He calls her name and runs toward the door. Mino runs down the stairs and when he saw her, he smiles brightly at her. Seung Ri opens the door for her.

"Noona! You're here." Seung Ri said.

"Hello, Seung Ri." she peeks inside. "It seems that you got this place. You didn't tell me."

Seung Ri smiles. "We wanted to surprise you. Come in." he opens the door widely at her. She went in and takes a better look at the place. Mino approaches her. When Dara saw him, she can help but remember Ji Yong.

"Noona, I'm happy to see you. How are---" Mino didn't finish what he's about to say when Dara hugs him. Mino was surprised by her action but he feels like something is wrong. Then he feels like she's crying.