Aftermath

Dara did the right thing. She stayed with the Dong Family after the forum. Her phone received lots of messages from the media asking for an interview. Chae Rin also informs her that people are calling also in the office. She didn't receive any calls or messages from Choi Seung Hyun because he told her in advance that Jung Hwa will take his phone so he could focus on her wedding. She also received a message from Mino, Seung Ri, Se Kyung, Dong Hae, and Yoona asking if she wants to talk or something. Ji Yong is the persistent one among them. He keeps calling her and messaging her. He insists that they really need to talk this time but she just ignores him.

Monday comes.

The media is waiting at the entrance of KEBN, waiting for her. She tries her best to act normal. Thankfully, they couldn't just enter KEBN. She went immediately to her table and starts working. Chae Rin serves her some coffee while Jennie informs her about the shooting tomorrow. Dara gave Jennie her late birthday gift, which is a small purse. Jennie likes it very much.

Dara is heading to the editing room to check something before she goes to the cafeteria for lunch when she saw Choi Seung Hyun. He looks handsome as always and sharp on his business suit. She greets him.

"Good day, Vice President Choi." she bows to him. When she looks at him after bowing, she noticed that he looks upset.

"Ms. Park, can you come with me to my office? I need to discuss something with you." Seung Hyun said. She smiles. "Okay, sir," she said.

Seung Hyun leads their way to the elevator. They ride it silently. Dara can feel that Seung Hyun is not in a good mood. She wonders if something happens to the wedding. They exit the elevator and head to his office. Seung Hyun stops in front of Park Bom's table.

"Ms. Park, cancel my schedule this morning. If there are calls, tell them that I'll talk to them this afternoon," he said.

"Yes, Vice President Choi," Bom said. She continues what she's doing on her computer. Seung Hyun opens the door and heads to his table. Dara enters too and looks around. Seung Hyun took a small remote control and pressed it. The glass part of his wall that can see what's outside turned into gray. Seung Hyun walks back to the door. He closes it and locks it. He looks at Dara and walks towards her.

"Is there something wrong? You look..." Dara wasn't able to finish her sentence because Seung Hyun cups her jaw and kisses her. Dara was surprised but she gives in and places her hands on his arms. After kissing, they lean back to look at each other. His hands fall on her shoulders as she stares at her. Dara then noticed that he really looks upset.

She cups his face. "Yah. What's wrong?" she asks. "Did something happen in Canada?" Seung Hyun didn't answer. Instead, he pulls her close to him and hugs her. She hugs him back. "Seung Hyun-ah, you're scaring me," she told him.

"Forgive me for being a terrible friend." he paused. "I almost lost you. I should have been there for you back then," he said.

Dara now gets why he's acting that way. He knew about her confession in the forum. Once Seung Hyun got his phone back, he immediately checks Dara's successful forum guest speaking event. He was so proud when he read that Dara did great during the forum but something bothers him. Some articles said that she suffered depression and attempt to kill herself two years ago. He even saw a video clip where she really did say that she was depressed back then. Seung Hyun thought of the time he saw her on Kang Mi Kyung's funeral. She looks lifeless and staring blankly to nothing. Seung Hyun can't help but blame himself for not being there for her at those times.

Dara patted his back. "I'm okay now. Don't worry." she leans back and looks at him. He still looks upset. She smiles at him. "Yah. That's in the past now. I'm here now with you and I'm happier than ever. I don't want to see you upset because of me." she smiles sadly at him and hugs his waist.