Snatcher x Tree Spirit!Reader x Hat Kid

So I thought this was kind of a cute and wholesome request. Basically it's platonic all around, no romance, and I thought it would be nice if they all just hung out and did fun stuff together. And for those of you who don't know, a tree spirit is someone who has died in a forest and their soul is bound to said forest. I read up on tree spirits and decided to change it up a bit. Anyways this was requested by TheSinnamonTaterTot and the art is by snatcherdoodle on tumblr (go check them out!!)

Refrence:
(Y/N) = Your Name
(F/C) = Favorite Color

Narrator's POV
"(Y/N)!" You hear a small yet loud voice call out your name, causing you to form outside the tree you reside within. It's Hat Kid, running up and tackling your spectral (F/C) form.

"Hey Hat Kid!" You laugh, hugging the small kid and ruffling her hair under her hat. "I missed you"

"Me too!" Hat Kid giggled, hugging your form tighter. "How's the new form working for you?"

"It's...a bit confusing" You admit with a sheepish chuckle.

How did you get into this situation? Well, you were contracted to Snatcher's contracts like Hat Kid was, but you didn't really mind. One contract you were given was to acompany Hat Kid into Vanessa's manor, which you took.

Vanessa found you both and your body was slightly frozen in your attempts to protect Hat Kid. By the time you both left her manor and fled to Snatcher's tree, your body couldn't take the cold anymore and you died at the front of Snatcher's tree.

Normally Snatcher would have eaten your soul and called it a day, but he had kinda grown an attachment to you and considered you a friend. That and Hat Kid was heartbroken by you passing on.

So, instead of eating your soul, he was able to seal it away in a tree close by and make you a tree spirit. You were glad he did that, and reassured him it was okay that he didn't have any better solution. Now you roam free around the forest and hang out with Snatcher and Hat Kid everyday.

"C'mon! Snatcher wants to see us!" Hat Kid shouts, grabbing your hand and dragging you to Snatcher's tree.

Snatcher glances up from his book, historical fiction today, and flashes a sly grin. "Hey kiddos" he greets you both, bookmarking his place and floating up from his seat.

"Hey Snatcher" You smile and follow Hat Kid inside, who was currently scrambling onto the vine and in the house.

Snatcher floats over to you both and summons two contracts. Yours was the mail delivery, and Hat Kid's was get rid of the fire spirits.

"Again?" You snort. "You really should figure out a spell to stop them from coming."

"I know" Snatcher groans, running a claw through his fluff. "I'm working on it."

You chuckle and sign the contract in neat hndwritting, while Hat Kid signs hers.

"Snatcher you should come with us!" Hat Kid shrieks, pulling on Snatcher's claw. You watch them both and laugh a bit before stepping in.

"C'mon, please?" You ask kindly, causing Snatcher to sigh and oblige. Hat Kid grins and jumps out of the tree, racing towards the village. You follow her a distance away, talking it up with Snatcher.

"She really considers you your best friend. You know that, right?" You glance over at the specter as he chuckles quietly.

"You're kidding, right? She talks about you half the time when she sees me." Snatcher grins. "You're a great friend to her, and not a headache for me"

You knew that was Snatcher's way of telling you you're a good friend to him too. You smile and give him a side hug. "Thanks Snatcher. Now, let's go catch up with Hat Kid before she tackles us both"

Snatcher lets out his usual laugh and follows you towards Subcon Village, spending the rest of the day with his two best friends.

__________________

Hallo everyone! Hope you all enjoyed this oneshot! I tried to make it not seem like a family relationship but a trio of buddies. Hope I delivered on that. Anyways have a great day!