Broken Hope

Warning: Depression, Panic Attack, and Anxiety

Peter was walking to Stark Towers after being robbed. His hands shaking because the robbers brought a bat to them. He was pretty sure they were broken. His eye was puffy and bruises plastered all over his body. His lip cut and bloodied.

He couldn't stop shaking. His eyes burned with tears. He was walking barefoot. He passed the lady that gave him a churro. She gave it to him when he was Spider-Man. He remembered the taste, but instantly forgot when a person ran into his hands that he had close to his chest.

He finally made it Stark Tower, hurt and broken. He was glad Stark built atomic doors. He stepped in and walked to the receptionist. She had a sad smile on her face.

She sent him up knowing who he was. He heard the bell ding and he stepped out almost falling. He saw no one in the main room so he made his way to Mr. Stark's lab. He told the AI to open the door.

"M-Mr. Stark, I got into an a-accident" He spoke softly. He watched Tony look up from his work. He instantly rushed over to Peter and brought him to Bruce's medical wing. Tony placed Peter down on the cold silver medical bed.

Peter's leg throbbed. He looked down and realized he had been stabbed. He started to panic. He held his shaking hands in his hair, humming to himself to see if it would relax him. He wondered on how he would be Spider-Man with his disfigured hands. He wondered if how May would react.

He started to hyperventilate. His heart felt like it was being squeezed. Peter felt like someone was choking him. He tried to calm himself down with happy thoughts, but they didn't work.

"H-help please, please" Peter pleased.

Tony hugged Peter and whispered sweet nothings in his ear. Peter calmed down and Bruce bandaged him. Tony took Peter home, ready to explain everything. Well, everything he knew so far.

Tony lightly nocked in the door. May opened it. She looked at Peter and brought him inside forgetting about the billionaire that walked in.

"What happened!?" She yelled at Tony. Peter began to panic again, but he held his breath. He watched as his aunt get off the couch he was on and looked at Mr. Stark with rage. He knew she was very angry because she hardly yelled.

"He didn't tell me what happened. I just got him bandaged up. That's all" He spoke in his regular voice. May looked at Peter for an explanation.

"I-I got robbed...and they broke my hands" Peter began to cry. He couldn't be Spider-Man without his steady hands. How was suppose to aim without messing up? His hands were everything, but he took them for granted. He wasn't fit to be Spider-Man.

"It's okay Peter. It's okay" Aunt May say next to Peter and held him. He hands were shaking, he tried to stop them but ended up hurting himself.

"Don't hurt yourself, okay?" May said in a soft tone. She forgot about Tony who stayed quiet for once. She waited for Peter to answer, but he couldn't get the words out so he just nodded.

"You and me are gonna talking outside" She said to Tony. Peter saw them go outside the apartment. There hushed whispering. He couldn't hear them. He knew he was in trouble. He was just a mistake. If he was a good nephew he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Thoughts filled his head. He wanted them to stop. They finally came back and Peter acted like everything was normal again.

"Peter, we've decided that it would be best to not let you go to the Stark Internship. You need a break" All Peter heard was that they thought he was weak. He also heard Tony didn't need him as Spider-Man anymore.

"O-okay" Tony left and Peter was laying his room, not moving. He didn't have the strength to. His hands constantly shaking. He finally slept and four in the morning. He was happy it was the weekend. If he slept in it would be excepted as normal.

He needed to be Spider-Man. He was nothing without his suit.

The next day Tony took his suit and left without saying anything.

Three Months Later

Peter has gotten better. Aunt May and Tony paid for therapy for his hands. Tony insisted he should pay for the therapy but aunt May said no. They eventually came to an agreement and shared the bill.

Tony gave Peter the Spider-Man suit back. Peter even got more churros. He also gets to see his favorite cat again. His life was good.

He wasn't sad anymore either. He proud of himself since he did it all by his own help. It was a secret victory no one knew about.

There was one thing that he didn't overcome. It was panic attacks. He couldn't control them, but he was working on it. He found it very weird when he had one because his hand shaking would come back when he was having a panic attack.

At least he was feeling better.