✩✩ 1 ✩✩

Note: The events and all things related to army and navy in this story are mostly fiction. Writing from my imagination with some research done :P  Reality might not be as close to what is written here. So, enjoy the story, folks ~ XOXO

Perfect dark velvet sky, under the full moon with chilly breeze of the sea wind

Perfect dark velvet sky, under the full moon with chilly breeze of the sea wind. The view of the dockyard from the quarters looked magnificent with the brightly lit orange light illuminating the port.

At the terrace of the quarters, stood Aarifa and Raj watching the splendid view while they waited for their friend to return from a task-force.

"Why hasn't Shivalika back yet? Isn't it supposed to be here by evening?" asked Aarifa as she rubbed her arms, keeping herself warm. "Do you think he will agree to follow us this time?" she turned, switching her attention to the man standing next to her.

"If I know him better, he will not agree until we tell him about it" said Raj while still gazing at the sea.

"I think it's here already. That looks like Shivalika" he said after sometime pointing towards the vast sea. "Let's get going!" Raj yelled, halfway down the stairs.

They marched on the long path towards dock number three where the INS Shivalika had been moored. Acknowledging the crews who had disembarked from the ship with salutes, they finally reached up the deck of Shivalika.

There stood the tall, tough and charming Jagdish, dressed in the crisp white uniform having a conversation with the ship captain.

"Good evening, Captain! Hope you had a smooth sail back" Raj greeted while Aarifa stood further behind him hugging herself.

"Hello there, Lieutenants. Good to see you both here! Came to receive me, is it?" he asked with the warmest smile and hugged Raj with a pat on the back.

"Absolutely! It's been sometime since we met and there is an important news for you" said Aarifa wiggling her thick eyebrows with a smirk, following him into the crew space.

"What's the news?"

"We are invited to attend Madhavi's wedding. It's happening in Jodhpur"

"Oh really! Our engineer Madhavi? She is getting married?

Wow! When is it?" the news did not really excite him, he spoke merely to not show his disinterest about the wedding as he walked past her into the room.

"On Saturday. That's about five days from today" Aarifa followed him around the room. "She wants us to be there early"

"How early?" Jagdish yawned as he fetched his bag from the desk.

"Four days early. Which means we have to leave tomorrow! That's why we waited for you to return so we could tell you the news and bring you along. We even booked a ticket for you" she stressed, putting forth their wish for him to go with them to Jodhpur this time.