✩✩22✩✩

Brace yourselves, the end is here 😌

Yashodha settled at her writing table for the umpteenth time since she had return home a month ago

Yashodha settled at her writing table for the umpteenth time since she had return home a month ago. The attempt to write once again seemed hard this time. Perhaps the reason, she was about to pour her heart out on papers. 

She did it over four years ago which happened to be easy. The letter was to her friend, in search for comforting words when things wasn't really going well for her. When she received a reply for her letter, it wasn't from her friend but from someone else who had read the letter.

The words written by that someone act as soothing and calming medicine for her PTSD. They began exchanging letters in a not so frequent manner. However, she was getting accustomed to those words. Yashodha attempted to find her pen-pal. Though she knew the exact address, she didn't want to make it obvious by appearing at the doorstep. 

Plus, it wasn't a hard task for her to locate her pen-pal, given that every letter she received came with an unofficial letter head. 

She found his workplace at the Mumbai Naval Dockyard. A naval officer, he was. Yashodha had used the opportunity she was offered to apply for short service at the same place her pen-pal worked. She wanted to know him personally and she did. She succeeded.

She had not only found peace in those words, she was falling for her pen-pal by the end of their two years of writing. He charmed her with his written words, it gave her the comfort and the assurance she needed to brace herself from the trauma of her broken marriage.

Finding him was the best thing she had done.

A satisfactory smile stretched on her lips.

She sat at her writing table once again. A paper and a pen, she started scribbling, determined to write.

Dear, Jagdish.

I hope you are doing well. It's been quite sometime since we had exchanged letters but that's okay. I have had a great opportunity to meet and befriend with you in exchange of the letters. Just like how your writing had fascinated me, you did tenfold of the same in person. I knew why I wanted to take the effort to meet you but to convince myself the after effect was the hard part. 

By now, your eyes would have did a quick check and ended with a wide eye at the name written at the bottom left. Yes, that's me, Mr. Cool. Now you should have known why I had mentioned that you know more than anyone else do at the swimming pool that day.

I wanted to meet you for one reason, to thank you but a lot had happened and here I am writing this letter to you for whole different reason which I'll save it when we meet. For now, Thank you for everything.  

Cutting this letter writing short and I'll tell the rest in person.  

See you soon, 
Yours,
Yashodha a.k.a. Yami