✩✩ 3 ✩✩

Italics indicates flashback

The next day, Jagdish woke up feeling groggy and heavy

The next day, Jagdish woke up feeling groggy and heavy. He wasn't able to lift himself up from the bed. He knew this would come for he stood under the rain longer than he should. The heat emitting from his body had him lay on the bed longer than he normally does.

The clock on the wall read half past four in the evening.

"Damn! I don't want to spend my holiday on bed" he whined pushing the blanket off him and dragged himself out of the bed.

An hour later, Jagdish found himself seated at the waiting area of the medical domain lobby for his turn to meet the doctor. 'No. 1129, Room no. 11' he read softly looking at the small chit in his hand and checked on the screen above. He had three more numbers to go and wished those three people leaves without going for consultation so, he could get treated soon.

After what looked like hours, his number was called. Jagdish fasten his pace towards the doctor's room. Approaching room no. 11, the sound of someone sneezing grew louder and it was coming from the room he was assigned to get his consultation. Jagdish peeped in through the door.

To his surprise, it was officer Yashodha moving around the room sneezing. The corner of his lips curved upward a little, what a coincident, he thought.

And then he remembered about the night before, the unknown emotion. Brushing the thought off, he knocked the door.

"Aaccchum... Excuse me. Sorry, I'm sick but don't worry. Come in" the doctor's sweet voice muffled through the mask she wore facing her back to him. She walked around with a bottle of water, shaking it vigorously.

"Good evening, officer" Jagdish greeted and settled on the seat next to the desk. He waited for her to finish up whatever she was mixing in the bottle.

"Oh!! Surprise! It's you" Yashodha exclaimed when she finally saw who her last patient for the day was.

"So, Officer Jagdish... Has the cool guy caught cold?" she asked, removing the mask for sometime.

"Sadly, when I'm on leave. It seems like the cold had caught the cool lady as well" he replied wiggling his brows.

Pouting her lips, Yashodha nodded suppressing her laugh.

"Ah... consequences of soaking in the rain a little too much" she said. "Yes, tell me. What brought you to the doctor?" she asked, though she figured out why.

After he explained his body condition and did all the necessary check-up, the doctor scribbled on his record card before reaching for the slab behind her.

"Here" Yashodha tossed a lemon to him, "warm water with honey. Drink it and you will feel better" she said sipping her lemon and honey water that she mixed a while ago.