✩✩ 2 ✩✩

Jagdish felt giddy with excitement

Jagdish felt giddy with excitement. He had never thought they will get a chance to meet again, the news was still unbelievable. He ran to the mirror and stared at his smiling reflection, wondered how did someone he knew only for four months could get his heart and mind stuck on to her for two long years. Especially when they have not met nor spoke to each other even once after they parted ways.

Anticipation had him stay wide awake the entire night, recalling some good old memories they shared. In the past, he used to try hard to get those memories away from bothering him however, it wasn't possible when his numerous attempts failed. The memories then would visit him every once in a while, as if it only happened a few days back. Jagdish had eventually stopped trying to forget and let it be.

The alarm he set in his mobile rang, pulling him out of his memory land.

It was five in the morning and he got himself ready in lightning speed along with packing his essentials. Carrying his luggage to the fourth floor, Jagdish stood in front of Raj's room, pounding on the door.

"Wake up, Lieutenant Raj!" he yelled while knocking the door.

The door opened after sometime, "I think I made a grave mistake to take you along with us" Raj swung the door open and walked back inside.

"Ha, I thought you were still asleep" Jagdish skipped in. "Make way for the Captain, please" he said and pushed Raj away from the mirror. Jagdish begin brushing his hair with his fingers while whistling.

"Move away!" 

"Fine.... Who else are coming with us?" 

"Aarifa, Raghav and Salim" replied Raj.

"Awesome!" he said and laid on Raj's bed while he waited for the latter to finish packing.

------

At the early hour the airport was as serene as it ever was. The people move with ease, quiet rivers of humanity freshly roused from their slumber. The group of five silently went through the procedures to the immigration, security check and finally reached the boarding gate.

While they waited at the boarding area, Raghav Singh who is also a captain in the navy watched Jagdish with question filled face. Contemplating whether should he get his doubt cleared or not as they hardly had conversation apart from discussing regarding work. However, Jagdish's presence in the troop to the wedding urged him to approach the former.

"Captain J? If you don't mind, I would like to ask you something" Raghav begin.

Jagdish who was having a conversation with Raj, stopped and read the face of his colleague, nodding. "I'm curious. You never attended any function of our colleagues. What made you change your mind?" asked Raghav, settling on the seat next to Jagdish. At the same time, he glanced at his watch. They still had half an hour to go before the flight takes off.