✩✩18✩✩

⚔️J, Y & team on mission - Part I ⚔️

<<<--**-->>>

It was still dark, the lights were not back yet and the lobby was getting warmer.

Yashodha impatiently waited at the lobby as the staffs ran in and out, knocking each other on their way in the dark area. The only light source were from the mobile phones each one carried. 

"Where is your manager? He supposed to be here within two minutes of the occurrence and he is no where to be seen" one of the hotel guests, fumed. She agreed to the man too, manager supposed to be the one attending to such issue and he was nowhere to be seen. She fear there could more than just a power cut.

Nine minutes had passed by, neither the manage turned up nor the lights were on. The staffs were repeatedly apologizing for the inconveniences, Yashodha felt bad for them. She took a glimpse outside, the commotion had calmed down a little. However, she could hear comments of being disappointed by some of the guests loud and clear. 

She merely shook her head, annoyed at the unnecessary rise of argument outside.  

About fifth-teen minutes later, the lights came back.

The staffs and few other non-wedding guests present at the lobby, heaved a sigh as the palace turned bright as ever once again. 

"This never happened before" the staffs spoke among them. 

"The manager?" Yashodha asked a while later. 

"We are not sure, ma'am. He isn't picking up the call" said one of the receptionist. 

"That's weird" she muttered and turned to find two of her teammates stood behind her. 

"Yes, Lieutenants" she curtly nodded acknowledging their presence, Venkat one of her team's best shooter and Shaurya master in signals and communication links .

"We sense something isn't right, Captain" said Venkat while his eyes scanned for unusual movements in the lobby. 

"It's quite unusual for the power to go off more than three minutes. The generator should have taken over the job" Shaurya added as they moved to a corner of the lobby avoiding eavesdroppers. 

"I too doubt the same. This is completely unacceptable for a place like this. A five star hotel with such faulty, doesn't seems right. Even the manager is missing" Yashodha emphasized. 

"Oh, the manager is missing? Perhaps there is something big happening. Shaurya can you get someone to track his number" Venkat told Shaurya and then approached one of the staffs for the manager's number. 

Soon the three was on their way to the electrical room to check what was the faulty and if possible, find the manager. However, much to their surprise, they found Jagdish and Lakshman were there before them inspecting the electrical distribution box. 

"Gentlemen!" she greeted, jolting them both. "What are you two doing here?" 

"We thought there could an issue with the DB so, came to check" Lakshman answered.

"Quite doubtful as well" Jagdish addded. 

"Same here. What have you found?" Yashodha inquired. 

"Did regular check. There doesn't seem to be any damages to the circuit" Jagdish dusted his hands off. 

"What about the generator?" she asked.

"I checked. The generator is in good condition too. Someone must have deliberately switched it off. So, it doesn't continue the supply of electricity. Certainly, this isn't a common scenario for power c—"