✩✩12✩✩

Each one had their smile growing of their own accord. 

"I—I can't believe you are here" she said.

"Well, I suggest you to believe what you see now" Jagdish leaned against the wall, arms across his chest.

"I'm trying to do just that" she blinked away the newly forming tears. "Because meeting you, here right now, is like fresh air in the most hazardous place. I—I'm quite relieved"

Jagdish wasn't really sure if his presence gave her relieve however, he was glad to be something she needed. She might had a tough time, he thought, remembering the how vigorously she was punching the button down sometime ago. 

"I'm glad I'm doing it" he said, feeling exactly the same.

"But... You said you never had and will never attend weddings?" 

"I had a change of mind last minute. My friends told me your will be here"

"And... how did they know me?" 

"Well, I talked about you much because I just couldn't get you out of my mind" he said casually looking out at the beautifully decorated lawn through the window. 

'Someone does think of me,' she thought feeling emotionally moved by his words. Happy, relieved and felt some kind of support system has been attached to her. She gazed nowhere in particular, lost unaware that he was looking at her.    

Jagdish watched her quizzically then took her hand in his, "come I need to talk to you but not here" he said and pulled her towards the balcony of the same floor that was facing the back side of the palace.

"What is it?" she asked when they had reached the quiet balcony.

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"Yes—yes, I am"

"Are you sure? Because you didn't sound okay a little while ago. I heard you scream. I was outside your door, wanted to give you a surprise but I got surprised with your sudden scream"

She looked at him, staggered.

"You... Was I... I... Was I loud?" She asked lowly.

"Kind of. Audible enough for anyone who was at your door at that time to hear"

"Oh.... What did you hear?"

"Probably the last thing you said to the elderly woman who left shortly after you yelled. Now tell me, are you sure you are alright?" he held her shoulders and shook her lightly. 

"I think I am better now. I'll be fine. I guess I have something to distract myself"

"From what ? and what is it?"

Yashodha stared into his eyes, if she tells him about her grandmother she might go into another breakdown. Which she did not want to and talking about it isn't going to change anything hence, she quickly diverted her mind. She needed to get out of the situation her mind had tangled her in. 

"What's the new distraction?" he hummed. 

"You. You are a good distraction. I forgot why I had been upset with my grandmother. Thank you, your presence really made me feel very much better" she wiped her face and smoothed her long black hair.

"Probably I knew you needed me. I'm always at your service, lady" he bowed.

Her laughter, warm and hearty. She, an aura he wanted to keep with him always and protect it as if she is fragile. His mind begin to make decisions he once never wanted to make. He watched her as she joined next to him at the railing for the balcony, hugging herself.