✩✩14✩✩

"Akka, do you always blast music each time you dress up?" Curious Gayathri asked Yashodha, pointing at the latter's wrap around skirt.

Yashodha took a quick glance at her lehenga, smoothen the skirt and tighten it with the Velcro and hook that held it in place. "Not when I'm alone. I get frustrated at times and it's mostly when I dress a little extra. I would scream then, it's just to avoid anyone from hearing my scream" she said standing before the mirror.

She turned left and right checking out her look. The simple red lehenga her mother had got for her as she wanted had added up to her beauty that has already been beautified with a stroke of kajal on her eyes and a light shade of pink on her lips. A smile adorn the pretty face marking the satisfaction of her look.

"You are still staring at me Gayu. What's up?" Yashodha tapped Gayathri's cheeks lightly.

"I was wondering, when all of us are wearing the usual kind of lehenga skirt. Why is that only you wear this kind?" Gayathri lifted one end of Yashodha's wrap-around skirt with a frown.

Yashodha tapped her hand to let go of the skirt as she smoothen it again.

"Well there is a reason. The split in the skirt makes it easier for me to run quicker if for some reason I feel like running when I'm questioned unnecessarily" she grinned like an idiot at Gayathri who wasn't really convinced.

"You and running away from people? No way! There is surely some other reason" she mumbled and walked away to get ready for the mehandi function.

Yashodha inhaled a sharp breath, who was she trying to fool? she thought as she drummed her right-hand fingers on her thighs. 'Somethings are rather kept secret, Gayu' 

"Akka, I wanted to ask you something" Gayathri asked soon after she was done dressing up.

"What is it?"

"Remember, you used to talk about a guy two years ago. Is he Jagdish?" 

Yashodha eyes darted left and right searching for an answer. She certainly wasn't expecting Gayathri to ask that question and definitely not expecting her to remember something she spoke about long ago. 

"Tell me, akka" Gayathri stood before her sister with her hands on her hips demanding an answer. 

"hmm... yes. That was him"

"I knew it! Finally, you meet him again. By the way, what are you doing here? You should be with Jagdish. You won't have enough time to spend later, akka. Why are you even here in this room? Getting going, I'll be fine. Oh God. You guys are behaving more like a guest than couple in love–"

"Wait. Wait. Wait. In love? No, I'm not" 

"Oh, yes you are. If you say this to someone who never fell in love before, they might believe but not me. I have been in love, seen love, felt love. And it's clear to me. I'm super sure you are in love, akka." Gayathri spun Yashodha around dancing in merry.

"Gayu! No I'm not" she protested.

"Yes, you are. I noticed quite a lot in the last few hours. You blush when he says something nice about you. You are spending time with him more than your other guy friends since you met him. You are not moody and angry anymore. You back to being you. Isn't that enough to tell me the significant changes he brought in you in such a short span of time?"

"Gayu, you getting it all in the wrong way"

"The right way"

"Absolutely not"

"Stop denying. You said the same thing two years ago and when he is back in your life you are intending to pretend as if nothing is going on in you. So, you will never let the past be a past. Are you going to clung to it?"