Chapter 7

I gasped and flew up from my spot on the bed, still in my uniform. I yawned and stretched before wincing as a sharp pain pierced my neck. I rushed over to the bathroom and brushed my hair aside, completely shocked as to what I saw.

A mark that looked exactly like Meliodas's demon symbol curled around my neck, emitting dark energy. I clamped my hand over it, my eyes widening. Oh shit. I've been marked by a demon, none other than Meliodas himself.

What the hell was I going to do? I grabbed some concealer and tried to cover it, but the make up just melted. Welp, that's not an option. In the end all I could really do was cover it with my hair.

It was about 6:30 in the morning when I had finished getting ready, so I had a little time before school. I sat down on my bed, rubbing my temples with two fingers. Meliodas marking me will either make the commandments back off, or pick on me more.

After a few minutes, I scooped up my back pack and strolled out the door, on my way to school with the mark still burning from under my hair. I didn't bother to grab breakfast, I was too stressed out at that point.

I stepped into the courtyard, immediately getting grabbed by Diane.

"Elizabeth!" she cried, "What happened yesterday?" I laughed nervously, scratching behind my neck.

"Nothing, I'm okay," I reassured. Suddenly the burning on my neck intensified as my friends tensed from in front of me. Ban grabbed me and shoved me behind him. I turned around and saw none other than Meliodas, standing with his arms crossed.

"Sheesh I'm not gonna hurt her," he sighed.

"Diane, Elaine, take Elizabeth to her class, we'll deal with this," King ordered. They nodded and grabbed my shoulders, walking me to my class while Ban, King and Meliodas began their little talk.

By the time we were at my classroom, I was frustrated.

"I'm not a princess and I know Meliodas won't hurt me, he's made that very clear," I insisted.

"Maybe he won't, but we might." Diane, Elaine and I whipped our heads around to see two of the Ten Commandments, Derrierie and Monspeet.

"What the hell is your guys' problem? Leave Elizabeth alone!" Elaine exclaimed. Derrierie glared at me.

"I can't place my finger on it, but I know you from somewhere," she pointed out. Uh oh. She shrugged and smirked as Monspeet materialized behind us, grabbed Elaine and Diane, holding them back. Derrierie lunged.

"Good enough reason for me!" she screeched. She thrusted her left arm outward, aiming for my head. I put my right forearm up, blocking the hit. Sort of. The claws of her darkness cut into my skin, making me bleed. I grit my teeth. She smiled sinisterly until her eyes landed on my neck.

My hair had moved out of the way and the mark was now fully visible. She used her large dark claws that were lodged in my arm to shove me down onto the floor, cracking it in the process. I cried out in pain.

"He marked you?" she spoke in disbelief. I sneered at her, ignoring my pain. "Well, I've always wanted to hurt something he cared about, but he didn't care about anything... Until now." She tried to drive her fist down into my face but I jerked my head to the side. She hit the ground next to me.

I used a touch of my goddess strength to bring my legs up and kick her off of me, sending her flying backwards and sliding on her feet. She looked alarmed, her eyes wide and body tense. The thing that sucked about all this was that I couldn't heal my arm, not in front of them at least.

"You little bitch..." Derrierie growled as she began sprinting at me, arms outstretched. Diane and Elaine screamed my name. Suddenly, my mark burned up and Derrierie was sent flying down the corridor. An arm wrapped around my waist.

Ban and King were now helping Diane and Elaine try to incapacitate Monspeet.

I turned back to see Meliodas's angered expression. His eyes landed on my bleeding arm and he snarled, darkness curling up from his body. His hand clamped around my arm. I winced as I felt dark energy seeping into it, my mark flaring. When he pulled his hand away, my arm was completely healed.

I didn't understand what had happened, but I didn't question it in that moment. Derrierie had only just gotten up before Meliodas had is hand wrapped around her neck, hoisting her up and off the ground. She choked, coughing and pleading for mercy. I ran forward and placed my hand on Meliodas's shoulder.

"Meliodas, stop this!" I begged. He didn't seem like he wanted to listen. So I did the only thing I could do. I hugged Meliodas from behind, burying my face in his hair. He stiffened and dropped Derrierie, Monspeet breaking free from my friends trying to hold him back  and picking up Derrierie, taking her away.

Meliodas turned around and hugged me back grumbling. I only managed to catch one thing he said, which surprisingly made me smile.

"You're lucky I like you so much."