~Chapter 1~

Beach city.

A place where the gems came to make their homes alongside humans. And the ones who made it all happen were Steven and the Crystal Gems. Steven was now sixteen. And the representative for the gems. Although, not everyone was on board with this idea. Some were against the idea of letting more gems on earth. They had even begun to protest. And two of them happened to be my parents.

I lived in Delmarva. Just an hour away from Beach city. My Father was a Ceo for a company called Lofts. A construction company that made much more than to make ends meet. And my mother, She was a nurse for the hospital just fifteen minutes away. Walking out of my room, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"Good morning miss (Name)" Amy, one of the maids, Greeted from the kitchen. "Good morning Amy" I yawned. But as I walked further into the kitchen, I froze as I noticed both mother and my father at the dining table. My father held the newspaper in his hand with a cup of coffee. My mother also had a cup and she was having breakfast.

"Good morning (Name)" father greeted me. "Goodmorning father," I said with a nod as I walked over and Amy poured me a bowl of cereal. Takin the bow I walked back over to the counter and took a seat.

"You're probably wondering why your mother and I are here this morning." He said. I nod and he continued. "Well, Both me and your mother need to move over to Beach city, due to work, despite our protests. " My father said.

My father was the one who was against the gems. He claimed it unnatural and that they should 'go back to space where they belong'. My mother was just a follower. I, however, liked the gems and how Steven was able to get peace with homeworld and, some, humans. But if I were to tell my parents about my fascination with this they would disapprove.

I nod as I smiled. This would be a chance to see different gems. My mother let out a sigh. "Alright. go get as many clothes as you can pack, and take a shower. you only have a week left of school and you already had good grades so were going to pull you out. We're going to be there until the end of summer" She said. "Yes mother," I said as I quickly began eating and then I began to eat my breakfast. Once I was done, I handed my bowl over to Amy before I raced up to the stairs and I went into my room.

I pulled out two suitcases and began to eagerly stuff them with clothes. This is going to be so fun! When my parents go to work I can finally go see Gems up close!

When I finished packing it was already noon. Amy helped me carry my suitcases down to the car and load them into the trunk. "Come on (Name) we would like to get there so we can unpack. Your father and I need to get to work. " mother ushered as she looked at me through the car mirror. Nodding, I quickly went to the back seat behind the driver set and I sat down, shutting the door and buckling myself in as the car took off.

Somewhere in beach city

Steven sighed. Finding someone for Spinel was a lot harder than he thought. He had tried to help her branch out to others, But it didn't if she didn't snap at them fist, she would take a 'goodbye' as others abandoning her, that or they weren't a good match, to begin with. Human or Gem, It didn't matter. Connie, Sadie, Lars, Lapis, Peridot. She didn't seem to get along with anyone. The only one she seemed to trust was Steven. And it hurt him at how sad she was.

Steven walked into the temple to check on Spinel for the second time that day. She was just sitting on Steven's bed, hugging her knees, her head on her knees. Steven sighed as he walked up the stairs and sat next to her.

"Spinel, are you okay?" he asked as he placed a hand on her shoulder. Spinel shook her head as she hesitantly looked at him. "Steven...I know you're just trying to help...But I don't think that this is working" she sighed. Steven shook his head as he tried to cheer her up

"Oh come on Spinel. You just gotta find someo-" " No! you just don't get it!" she yelled, making steven flinch as he pulled his hand away. Spinel glared at him.

"You don't know what this is like! Everyone already loves you!" Spinel snapped " Not everyone deserves a happily ever after!" she said before she sprinted off.

Steven's eyes widen as she busted out of the temple. " Spinel! Wait!" he yelled out as he reached a hand out towards her as he tried to follow after her. But by the time he made it outside, she was no longer in sight. Steven looked around sadly as he began to call out for her.

First Chapter done! Thank you for taking the time to read this! Please tell me if I made any grammatical mistakes and I'll fix them!