~chapter 14~

Hello! I'm sorry about the wait, school sucks but what can ya do? Anyways I hope you enjoy the chapter!

“Explain” My father demanded sternly as he glared at Spinel, disgust clear in his eyes. I sigh as I shook my head “ She…..she's my friend.” I said through gritted teeth. My father didn't seem too pleased. “She? I think you mean it” He said and he cut me off before I could speak up again.“ (Name), you seem to have forgotten. It isn’t human. It has no gender. Get that through your head.” He said sharply. I clenched my fists to my sides as I glared at him “I know that she isn’t human. But it’s what she prefers to be labelled as” I snapped. My dad shook his head “Don’t you raise your voice at me” he said venomously. I shrunk down a little. Spinel frowned as she looked from me to my father. “And my name is Spinel” She spoke up. My dad glared at her as he raised an eyebrow. 

My mom stepped forward and placed a hand on his shoulder before things could get even more heated. " (Name). We'll give you a choice. " My mother spoke up. " You are old enough to take care of yourself.” She said and my face paled as I knew where she was going with this “Either you find yourself a place to stay while we’re here, or you tell that thing to leave” She said as she pointed a finger at Spinel. I frowned as I shook my head. The choice was obvious. “Well then it looks like I’m leaving,” I said as I stood up and I took Spinel’s hand I began to head towards the door. My mother had a surprised look on her face as she blinked, watching me lead Spinel to the door. My father, however, was glaring at me. Biting my lip I sigh “Spinel, wait outside for me. I’ll be right back. I promise” I said as I took her hand in mine. Spinel’s eyes widen as she bit her lip as she was a bit afraid of waiting. After all, that's all she did for six thousand years. Gulping, she hesitantly nodded. “O-okay...I trust you” She said as she looked at me before she left the apartment. 

Once she left, “ I rushed to my room, ignoring the questioning I got from my parents. I then began to pack the suitcase I brang the apartment as fast as I could, grabbing just about anything and everything I could, Including the small tubes of shampoo and conditioner. Once I was done, I walked down the stairs and straight-up Ignored my parents as I walked out the door. Looking around, I spotted spinel pacing back and forth, mumbling to herself. But when he saw her eyes lit up and she rushed to my side “Thank you” She said as she buried her face into my shoulder. My breathing hitched a little as I hugged her with my free arm “ Spinel, Don’t thank me.” I said as I rubbed her side. “ Now. Let’s get going. We’re going to be staying in the place we stayed in last night” I said as I began to walk with spinel walking alongside me.

Once back at the small apartment, I opened up the door and carried my bag into the bedroom and onto the bed. “ So I have..” I trailed off as I opened my suitcase and pulled out the money I had brought with me originally for the trip “about seventy dollars..” I said as I walked into the kitchen area of the apartment. Spinel turned her head towards me, a look of confusion on her face. “I’m...not too familiar with human currencies. Is that a lot?” she asked. “ It’s not much, but it should last about a week or two.” I said and Spinel frowned slightly “How do we get more of those things then?” She asked. Smiling I pulled out my phone and I unlocked the screen “You remember Sadie right? Well, I think she can help us out” I said. 

Spinel watched as I dialled in her number and I could hear it ringing for a moment before someone picked up. “Hello?” Sadie’s voice came through. I smiled as I leaned against the kitchen counter. “ Hey Sadie, It’s (Name),”  “Oh! (Name)! It’s good to hear from you. How are you?” She asked and I took a breath glancing at Spinel for a few seconds before I shook my head. “ Well, I'm breathing. But would you mind if asked for a favour?” “uh, sure (Name). What do you need?” She asked. Thinking about how to word it, I soon spoke up 

“ well, I temporarily got the boot from my parents... I have a place but I need help finding a job, and I was hoping you’d know where to go,” I said. Sadie seemed a bit more enthusiastic about this. “ You can work with me!” She exclaimed.  “Really?!” I gushed as I held the phone closer to my ear, Spinel looked at me in confusion as she tilted her head. “ Yeah! I can get you in, does ten tomorrow sound good to you?” She asked. Nodding I smiled “ Thank you! And of course! I’ll see you at ten tomorrow! Have a good day!” “ Alright, I’ll see you (Name)!” 

With that, I hung up and I looked over at Spinel who was looking at me. “What was that about?” she asked. Placing the phone down, I smiled at her happily, “I got a job, that's how you make money around here. You work for a few hours and you get money.” I said. Spinel nods but she tilted her head slightly, “Okay, but what will I do?” “ you can come with me,” I said and she slowly smiled. “And this will be good for you as well. Maybe you and Sadie will get along, it’s always to have more friends.” I said. Spinel frowned at this as her arms wrapped around me, pulling me up to her and into a hug “I need anyone else as long as I have you” She said. My breathing hitched as I felt her breath hit my neck and I shivered lightly in her hold. The conversation Garnet and I had came into mind. A frown pulled at my lips as I blinked a few times. But I forced a smiled as I slowly hugged back.

An hour or so passed and Spinel and I were on the couch, passing the time with a few cartoons and movies. One movie Spinel seemed to like most seemed to be the Lion king. I had to explain to her what they were in the first place, and what was going on during the movie. But after that, she seemed to enjoy the movie once she began to understand. After the lion king, we went to other movies and Spinel seemed to enjoy them. It was nice. To be able to relax. Spinel yawned as she curled on the couch, her head resting on my shoulder. Looking down at her, I slowly moved a hand around and l rest it on her shoulder. As expected, her shoulder tensed up a little but she was quick to relax in my hold and she nuzzled her head further into me. A small breath escaped my lips as I lean my head on top of hers and I turned my attention back to the tv, as the two-characters interacted with eachother on screen

 “So this is love. So this is what makes life divine~”