Chapter 1

Dahlia's (Lia) POV-

"Lia!!! c'mon we're going to be late!" I heard my best friend Amanda(Mandy) call out to me from downstairs. Why does she always have to be on time? "I'm coming. I'm coming" I shouted back while putting on my shoes and hopping out the door at the same time. When I finally reached downstairs, I noticed my parents were off to work and my brother was sound asleep.

"Mandy, how did you get in my house?" I asked realizing that no one opened the door for her. "Your secret key hiding place, duh"

"Note to self; Make my secret hiding spot more of a secret" I thought to myself out loud. "We should get going before we're late" I grabbed my keys noticing that we had only about 15 minutes to get to school.

Once we got in my white charger, one of our favorite songs came on, Chris brown "Loyal". Mandy turned the radio on so high that I thought my ear drums were about to pop out.

"I wasn't born last night

I know these hoes ain't right

But you was blowing up her phone last night
But she ain't have her ringer nor her ring on last night, oh
Nigga, that's that nerve
Why give a bitch your heart
When she rather have a purse?
Why give a bitch your inch
When she rather have nine?
You know how the game goes
She be mine by half time

I'm the shit, oh
Nigga, that's that nerve
You all about her, and she all about hers
Birdman Junior in this bitch, no flamingos
And I done did everything but trust these hoes
(CB fuck with me!)

When a rich nigga want you

And your nigga can't do nothing for ya
These hoes ain't loyal
Yeah, yeah, let me see

Just got rich
Took a broke nigga's bitch
I can make a broke bitch rich
But I don't fuck with broke bitches"

We sang to top of our lungs and I noticed she had her phone out. "Amanda what are you doing?" I asked her hesitantly. "This is a must for snapchat" I shook my head at her but posed for the camera anyways.

We finally arrived at school with about 7 minutes to spare before the bell rang. I scanned the court for my group of friends and finally spotted them.

I know this might sound weird, but I actually like school. It's a great get away from the problems I have back home. Everyone thinks that I have everything that I could possibly want. They are dead ass wrong. My life isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

As I approached my friends, a smile plastered my face. "Lia!!! Mandy!!!" My friends screamed at me and Mandy. "Hey Guys!!!" We yelled back just as loud earning a few stares from our peers.

As I walked down the hall way to my locker with my girls, I spotted my cousin a.k.a. my other bestest friend, Jasmine and her boyfriend, Chris walking towards us.

Those two are just too cute! "Lia!" She engulfed me in a hug which I'm sure, cut off my breathing. "Jazzy.. Can't breath" I managed to choke out. "Oh I'm sorry" she giggled.

"That's not fair, you don't hug me like that", Chris said with a pout. " Of course I don't, I hug you like this" she said putting her arms around his neck and kissing him. "Guys, lets keep it PG" I said while opening my locker.

Then all of a sudden, I felt two hands cover my eyes. "Guess who" just by the smell of his cologne, I already knew who it was, but his vioce made it a dead give away. In case you were wondering, that's my boyfriend Trey.

Hmm... let me play with him a little. "Is it Chris Brown? Please tell me it's Chris Brown" I joked while crossing my fingers. He released his hands and make me face him. "Baby, why do you always do that. You know I'm better than Chris Brown" he replied with a smirk on his face.