Chapter 9

Thursday Lia POV

Mom and Michael came back from their business trip yesterday. Just in time for the law firm's party, like they promised. Michael has already been getting on my nerves. Why couldn't mom just come home alone and leave him in Chicago forever?

Yesterday, not even an hour after they came back, he made me go to five different stores just to find the deodorant that he loves to use. FIVE STORES. And did I mention it was for deodorant?

Jordan is suppose to be coming over this time so we can work on the project. He's about an hour late, so at the moment I was on a three-way call with Mandy and Jazz.

"And then he came over with a bouquet of roses!" Jasmine explained to us what happened with Chris yesterday.

"I hope that Max and I can be like that one day" Mandy cooed.

"I thought you liked Jordan?" I asked confused. I mean, she was all over him for the past week.

"About that.. I don't like him anymore" she replied.

"How come?" Jazzy asked.

"There's this guy named Max in my chemistry class and I like him now" she explained as if it was just that simple.

"Well if that's the case why are you-" I was interrupted by a knock on my door. "Sweetie someones down stairs for you" my mom told me.

"I gotta go guys. Jordan's here"

"Tell him we said Hi!" they yelled simultaneously. I laughed pulling the phone away from my ears then hanging up.

"Hey Jordan-" I noticed he wasn't alone. "And who's this?" I kneeled down to the level of the little girl standing next to him.

"Aaliyah" she smiled.

"Hi Aaliyah" I smiled back at her.

"Lia this is my little sister, I hope it's okay if I brought her" Jordan gave an apologetic look. I waved the thought away "Of course it is. I didn't know you had a little sister." I was so excited because I always wanted a sister.

"hmh" My mom cleared her throat giving me an 'Aren't you going to introduce me' look. "Oh Aaliyah, Jordan this is my mom and mom this Aaliyah and Jordan" my mom had a huge smile on her face.

"Mrs. Mitchell's kids" I added.

Her smile became even bigger, if possible. "Mrs. Mitchell, as in Sarah?" I nodded, "Mhm".

She immediately hugged the both of them. Oh gosh. "Look how much you've grown!" she told Jordan. "And very handsome too" she nudged my side when she said that part.

I rolled my eyes, "We're just working on a project mom" I motioned Jordan and his little sister up stairs.

"We're working late tonight, by the way!" mom shouted after us.

"Of course" I sighed. She's never home, I could care less about Michael.

"I know how you feel" Jordan said as he sat at my computer desk.

"What do you mean?"

"My mom is never home either. It's always just Aaliyah and I" at least he could relate to my situation. My friends say that they understand,but you'll never really be able to understand until you're actually going through it.

"Another thing in common huh?" I smiled. Who would've thought?

"Who would've thought?" he took the words right out of my brain.

"JJ can I have someone ice cream now?" his little sister asked.

"Maybe later Liyah" so her nickname is Liyah too?