Chapter 5

Later on in the day Jordan's POV

After a long afternoon at the mall, we were finally home. I swear I don't ever want to step foot at the mall ever again. I've never noticed how many stores they had until today.

At the moment, I'm sitting in my room trying to come up with a way to get out of going to that party. I got it! I can fake sick! Yeah, that could work.

"Jordan! Are you getting ready for the party?" mom called to me from downstairs. This is my chance to put my plan into action. "Yeah...Mom?" I said in between fake coughs.

"Aren't you going to get dressed honey? You only have an hour left." my mom reminded me for the thirtieth time since we got back.

I began coughing again, "Um, I don't think I'll be able to go. I think I'm coming down with a cold" I coughed again.

"So you're trying to tell me that you all of a sudden got a cold when we got back home?" my mother asked me.

I nodded my head rapidly. "It's a shame too. I really wanted to go to that party" I sighed, sitting down next to her. All she did was shake her head at me and replied, "JJ you're going to that party and that's final. Nice try though" she patted my back and went into the kitchen.

"It was worth a shot" I huffed before going into my room and picking out something to wear.

After freshening up and putting on my outfit, I grabbed my keys and headed downstairs. "Aww you look so handsome!" my mom said while pinching my cheeks.

I don't understand why she still does that. I think it's pretty clear that I'm not a little kid anymore.

"Thanks" I frowned. I really don't want to go to this party. The only people I actually would be talking to is Amber, Jasmine and Dahlia, which I'm not quite fond of.

"Honey don't worry. Those girls are nice, especially Dahlia. She's a sweetheart" she reassured me. I nodded my head and gave her a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

As much as I hate the fact that she's forcing me to go to this party, I can't blame her for wanting me live a normal teenage life for once. She'll never understand why I can't get too close to people.

I followed the directions given to me earlier. You could hear the music from two blocks away, that's how loud it was.

Once I stepped out of my car I spotted teens standing out side on the front porch. Some in the lawn, some passed out on the lawn. So this is what I've been missing out on all these years?

The closer I got to the door, the more the ground vibrated under me. I approached the door and slowly turned the knob. Deep breaths I thought to myself.

Here goes nothing.

Dahlia's POV

Time flew by today. One minute we were at the mall and the next minute, we only had an hour until the party would start. Although I was hesitant to go this morning, I'm actually quite excited for the party.

As of now, I'm at Jasmines house getting ready. I figured what would be the point of having her drive me back home when we only had an hour left anyways?

"Lia, people are starting to arrive!" Mandy squealed with excitement. I quickly added my earings to finish off my outfit (outfit to the side) and gave myself a quick glance in the mirror.

Not too bad, if I say so myself.

"You look so cute!" Mandy complimented me. "Thanks, you look better" I complimented her back. When we reached downstairs, half of the school was already here.