Chapter 4

Lia POV Saturday morning

"Lia! Lia! Lia!" I heard a voice call out my name. Where is that coming from? Better yet, where am I? I'm in a house but I know for a fact that it's not mine. The house is very large and from where I stand, there is a piano in the middle of the room.

"Lia!" the voice called again. This time I heard it come from outside of the door. "What do you want?" was my response "Please open the door, I love you. I'm sorry" I heard the vioce say.

What is going on? Who can love me? The last time I heard those words come from a boy, I was cheated on.

"Yeah right" I scoffed not even knowing who I was talking to.

"Please just open the door, I can explain" he said. The best thing for me to do is probably stay in here and wait until the creep is gone, but being the stupid curious girl I was, I opened the door.

I was blinded by the most bright light you could ever imagine and even though I saw a figure standing in front of me, I couldn't make out who the person was.

"Chica get up!" I woke up being shaken by Mandy and Jazzy opening my curtains, legally blinding me. It was all just a dream.

"Not that I don't love you guys, but what are you doing here this early in the morning?" I asked them pulling my sheets over my head.

"First of all.." Jazzy started while pulling off my blanket "It's 11:00 and second, we're going shopping" she squealed. "Shopping for what?"

"You didn't tell her?" Mandy asked Jazzy "Tell me what?" I asked sitting up, suddenly interested in what they were saying.

"Jazzy is throwing a party! And we have to go shopping for outfits" Mandy jumped up and down almost tripping on my slippers.

"I don't know guys, I'm not really in the partying mood you know?" Trey and I just broke up on Tuesday and I don't think I want go partying. What is there to celebrate?

"Oh come on! You have to go!" Jazzy pleaded.

"Is this about Trey? Because going to the party would be a great way to get him out of your head. Besides, if he's not thinking about you, why should you be thinking about him?" Amanda asked me.

She did make a good point , if Trey isn't thinking of me then I shouldn't be thinking of him. I debated on going or not while Jazzy and Mandy looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Alright, fine. Let me get ready" I said giving in. Maybe this is what I need to keep Trey out of my mind anyways. I'm so grateful to have these girls in my life.

"Yes! I promise you'll have so much fun Lia!" Jasmine bounced full of excitement.

"Don't make any promises you can't keep" I warned her.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I headed down stairs with the girls. My little brother was watching TV in the living room with a huge bowl of cereal in his hands.

"Anthony why are you eating with that bowl? You know you can't finish it." I said shaking my head. He gave me a "watch me" stare,

"Yes I can. Oh and hey Mandy" he said giving her a wink. Anthony has had a crush on Mandy since forever and it's always been funny.

Jazzy and I laughed while Mandy stared us down "Hey Anthony. How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Yeah, yeah It's never going to happen" Anthony repeated Mandy words that she tells him every day, "But a man can always dream" he finished.

"But you're not a man" I laughed whist he gave me a glare.

Once I was able to stop laughing, I told him that I'd be back and to tell mom where I was going.

The car ride was filled with giggles, off key singing, and stories about the events that happened this week. I learned that Mandy likes this new kid in one of her classes and Jazzy and Chris are better than ever, which isn't anything new.

We pulled up to the mall and stepped out of Mandy's car. As soon as we stepped into the building, an aroma of sweet Chanel perfume slapped us in the face. It was really busy considering that today was a Saturday.

As I was looking through my messages, I bumped into someone. That seems to be a habit of mine lately.

I looked up and couldn't believed who I bumped into. "Jordan?" I said looking closer. "Dahlia?" he said while doing the same.

Why is this how we always keep running into each other?

All of a sudden I felt a nudge on my side. I looked over and Amanda whispered in my ear, "That's him, that's the boy I like".

I couldn't help but let a gasp escape my mouth.

No freaking way.

Jordan POV

I walked very slow, almost zombie-like through out the mall. My mom was dragging me here with her to shop for outfits for her stupid job party next week.

I don't see why I couldn't wear something from my closet.

While my mom was rambling continuously, someone bumped into me. Not with this again I thought.

"Dahlia?" I said noticing who it was. This girl has a serious problem with staying out of other people's way. "Jordan?" she seemed confused.

"Dahlia, how are you sweetie?" my mom asked pulling Dahlia into a hug.

"Great, and you?" Dahlia asked with a smile on her face, I've never seen her smile that big. Actually I've never really seen her smile at all.

As they were chatting away, I noticed one of Dahlia's friends giving me a weird look and batting her eyelashes. I have to admit, I'm a little uncomfortable but I just give a small smile back to her.

"Jordan isn't it?" she asked me. I nodded my head, then it hit me. She's in third my period chemistry class.

"That seems like a good idea, what do you think JJ?" my mom asked. I must've been deep in my thoughts because I didn't hear a word before that.

"Uh sure..." I said to my mom, not really knowing what I just agreed to.

"Ok great!" my mom clapped her hands together, someone's a little excited, "I'll see you later, text me when you're ready to go" my mom turned in the other direction before I could say anything.

"Um, what just happened?" I asked sounding very confused, which I was.

Dahlia shook her head, "You didn't hear one word we said, did you?" I shook my head "Nope" I replied popping the P.

"I asked if you wanted to come to my bestie's party tonight... and you said yes" Dahlia's friend- what was her name again? Amber or something like that, said. OH MY GOD! What did I just do? That's why mom was so ecstatic, she's been trying to get me to be more "social" since forever.

Dahlia's friend once again, gave me that weird look with the eyelash batting before wrapping her arm around mine. "Come on, it will be fun" she said while leading the way to some all girls store. I need to find a way out of this.

HEY GUYS! WELL THAT WAS CHAPTER 4. SORRY FOR THE SHORT AND KID OF BORING CHAPTER, BUT I HAD TO STOP THERE SO I WOULDN'T RUIN ANYTHING THAT'S GOING TO TAKE PLACE IN CHAPTER 5! LETS JUST SAY THAT'S GOING TO BE AN...INTERESTING CHAPTER LOL. HERE'S SOME QUESTIONS...

1. DO YOU THINK JORDAN WILL FIND A WAY OUT OF GOING TO THE PARTY?

2. WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT THE PARTY?

3. DO YOU THINK MANDY HAS A SHOT WITH JORDAN? :O

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW. HUGS AND KISSES- NATISHA