Chapter 7

Jordan POV

"She did not!" Dahlia laughed while I told her what happened last night with Amber.

I nodded my head, "Oh yes she did" I said matter-of-factly. As weird at it may sound, I was enjoying myself. Dahlia is actually fun to be around and she's not half as bad as I thought.

"That just doesn't seem like her. She must really like you". That made my eyes widen instantly. I shook my head "That's impossible". Is she making fun of me? She has to be making fun of me.

"Why is that impossible?" she asked looking me straight in the eyes. I looked away from her gaze shrugging my shoulders, "I don't know, maybe because a girl has never liked me before" I replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Jordan just because a girl doesn't tell you she likes you, it doesn't mean that she doesn't. We're just complicated like that" she said taking a sip of her drink.

"Oh" was all I said back. I knew that girls didn't always make the first move. That's not why I thought a girl has never liked me before. It was because of the fact that I never really talked to anyone at school. Dahlia by far has been the first person I've talked to this much.

"It's weird to think that someone like Amber could like me" I blurted. "Amanda" Dalia said. I looked at her confused "Who's that?".

She laughed at my confusion "Her name is Amanda, not Amber" she corrected me with a little giggle. I did the same. I've been saying it incorrectly the whole time and no one even bothered to tell me.

"You know what, you're not too bad Jordan. Although you were a bit of a jerk at first" Dahlia admitted. "Sorry about that" I apologized. "But you're not too bad yourself Dahlia" I also admitted truthfully. "Call me Lia" she gave me a genuine smile.

After leaving Starbucks, we drove back to my house and Dahlia- I mean Lia- decided to head back home. She stopped midway to her car, "Hey Jordan, if you're not doing anything later you should come to the movies with me and a couple of friends" she offered. "Um..." I thought through what was happening. Are we becoming friends?

"Oh c'mon. Amanda's going to be there" she teased me. That doesn't change anything really. After what seemed like hours, I agreed.

My mother would be so happy that I'm "making progress". "See you at eight?" she asked getting into her car. "Yep, see you at eight" I waved at her while she pulled out the drive way.

Lia POV

After a nice afternoon at the coffee shop, I finally got home. The house surprisingly wasn't trashed, but Anthony and his friends were still lingering around the living room eating pizza.

"Back so soon?" Anthony asked shoving pizza in his mouth. I glanced at the clock, "I've been gone for almost four hours". "But we wanted to invite some girls over" Jeremy, one of Anthony's friends, whined.

"Because there are girls that want to waste their time hanging out with you guys" I rolled my eyes going up the stairs. I've noticed that I tend to roll my eyes a lot nowadays.

"I'm going to the movies soon!" I shouted before reaching the top of the stairs. "Yes! We can still invite the girls!" I heard one of them whisper. "I heard that!"

I lazily waited for time pass by until it turned eight o'clock. I was already dressed (outfit to the side) and I was waiting for the que to leave. My phoned buzzed, indicating that I just received a text message.

Princess Jasmine- Hey, u ready? We're heading to the movies right now.

We being her and Chris, of course. I sprang from my position on the bed and dusted myself off. I was out the door in no time, making sure to check on the boys before I left.

We decided on watching Beyond the lights. Everyone had arrived but, there was one person hear that I didn't know was going to to join us. I nudged Jasmine, "Who's that?" I whispered making sure she only heard me.

"Oh, that's Marcus, he's on the football team with Chris" I was still confused. "Okay then?" I replied in more of a question than a statement.

"Do you think you're over Trey?" she randomly asked. Oh, no. I know exactly what she's trying to do. "I'm not interested in Marcus. So you don't need to play match maker." she let out a sigh, "Fine, but I think you guys would be so cute!" she shrieked.

Do you have that one friend that's always trying to set you up with someone as if you don't have more important things to do? That would be Jasmine. I mean don't get me wrong, I love her. She just doesn't always understand that it's not always the right time for a relationship.

Since it was time for the movie to start, we made our way to our seats. I sat between Marcus and Jordan and boy was it awkward.

From the corner of my eye, I could spot Marcus glancing at me every now and then and Amanda looking quite comfortable with Jordan. Jordan seemed like he was trying to be comfortable, but he just wasn't used to it yet.

Jasmine and Chris were making out, basically waisted their money. So Marcus and I were the only "lonely" ones, I guess you could say.

He cleared his throat as if he wanted to say something. I glanced over at him, "Are you okay?" he nodded. "Yeah, just tired" he yawned stretching his arm over my chair.

"You did not just try to pull that move on me." I couldn't stop myself from laughing. "Did it work?" he gave me a flashing smile.

"Sure..." note my sarcasm.

The movie was great! Although Marcus and I seemed to be the only ones paying attention. It was already midnight and I was getting tired.

"Hey, you want me to walk you to your car?" Marcus offered. "Sure" I smiled and waved goodbye to everyone, giving them hugs.

Jordan was taken aback from my sudden closeness once again, but he hugged back anyways.

"So.." I tried to start a conversation, " Do you want to hang out next Satuday?" he smiled. Well somebody doesn't beat around the bush.

I don't even know him. I'm not even sure if I want to. "Can I let you know tomorrow at school?" his smile fell. "Sure, I guess" he seemed shocked, like he expected me to say yes without a second thought. Cocky much?

"Well goodnight Marcus" I gave him one last hug before getting in my car. "Goodnight Lia" he whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine.It's a good thing it was dark out becuase the blush on my face was unbelievable.

As I drove home, I thought about whether I should go out with him next Saturday.

I think I'll take him up on that offer.

HEY GUYS! THANKS FOR READING CHAPTER 7. THERE'S ABOUT 25 OR SO MORE CHAPTERS TO GO! I'M STARTING ON A NEW STORY CALLED "THE BET" AND I WILL BE LETTING YOU GUYS KNOW WHEN IT'S PUBLISHED IF YOU WANT TO READ IT.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER?

THANKS AGAIN FOR READING!

HUGS AND KISSES- NATISHA