Chapter 8

Lia POV

The buzzing of my phone beside my pillow woke me. I slowly opened my eyes and squinted checking who texted me.

CallMeMandy ;)- Hey I'm not coming 2day. Catching a ride with Jordan see u at school!

I furrowed my eyebrows at my phone screen. Since when did Jordan and Mandy get so aquatinted? We have some things to discuss. Maybe we should have a girls day since that hasn't happened in a while.

I dragged myself out of bed to take a quick shower and get dressed for school (outfit on the right). I applied a bit of lip gloss and was out the door in no time. Since Mandy wasn't here to help me get to school on time, I had to make sure to be ready on my own. Ugh.

Walking into the school building I went straight to my locker, casually waving at the people greeting me.

I sighed, opening my locker and grabbing my notebook for first period. Then the weirdest thing happened.

The double doors swung open with a slight clicking sound, and in came Mandy with her arm hooked with Jordans. Have you ever seen those Disney movies when the popular kids walk in slow motion and everyone stops and stares as their hair blows in the wind?

This is the exact scenario that I was experiencing, as crazy as it may sound. There were whispers and glances as they became closer to me; Mandy with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Lia! Sorry I couldn't come this morning, at least you got here on time" she laughed.

"Yeah, thanks for ditching me" I joked "Hey Jordan?" I glanced between him and Mandy trying to figure out what was going on. Are they together now? Should I ask?

Eh, it's not really any of my business.

The smile on his face matched the one on Mandy's. "Good morning Lia" he gave me a quick hug, which was weird considering I'm always the one to hug first.

I don't know what to say right now. This is just too weird and very all of a sudden. I mean Saturday at the movies Jordan seemed so uncomfortable and now BAM it's a new him.

"Lia! Mandy! What goes on?" Jazzy and Chris approached us. Perfect timing I thought.

"Jordan" Chris and Jordan did this type of handshake. "Did I miss something?" I looked over to Jazzy and she shrugged, "I have no idea what's going on".

"Well I have to go to the gym really quick so.." Jordan started, but trailed off.

"I'll come with you" Chris offered giving Jazzy a kiss on the cheek goodbye.

They turned a corner and some other guys came up to them greeting Jordan. What heck is happening?

"Care to explain?" I turned to Mandy.

She gave me a guilty look. "Well after the movie, we exchanged numbers. There was a pool party the next day and I sort of convinced him to go with me..." she bit her lip nervously.

"You did what? With out us?" I pouted.

"That still doesn't explain why he's acting a bit different and talking to a whole bunch of people" Jazz pointed out. I nodded "Mhm go on".

"And I also convinced him to get in on the beer drinking contest and he won. Everyone cheered him off and BOOM he's popular now.

Jasmine and I exchanged glances. "You changed him in one day?" I asked. "That's a new record" Jasmine added onto my sentence.

Amanda had this thing where she would find a boy that she likes and then change him to fit her perfect guy list. Which I never understood because why like a guy if you're planning on changing the things that caused you to like him in the first place?