Chapter 12

The Boy at The Back Of The Class:

Chapter 12

Lia POV

Mandy snapped her head in the direction of my vioce with wide eyes, followed by a sheepish grin. As she stepped a bit to the side, the person she was eating alive came into view.

I blinked. Multiples times actually.

Standing beside Mandy with a flushed expression was Jordan. My eyes must be playing tricks on me. Yeah, that has to be it.

"Lia?" Mandy called out, a bit out of breath from her intense make out session.

"Jordan?" my brows furrowed in confusion, completing ignoring Mandy.

"Marcus?" I heard Marcus call out his own name. I turned to him to see a boyish grin on his face. I kind of forgot about him for a second.

Wow this is...weird? For some odd reason I felt a pain in my gut. I don't know what it was; shock, disappointment, hurt, anger?

Why would I feel angry? Better yet, why would I feel hurt? I shook my head to try to rid of the thoughts to find Mandy pulling me into the opposite direction of the guys.

"I can explain" she started once we were a good fifty feet away. "Max and I were suppose to come here together, but he stood me up. I got really upset and I don't know why, but I ended up asking Jordan to go with me instead. Sorry" she bit her lip nervously.

What is she sorry for?

"Sorry for what? You don't have to explain yourself to me"

"I don't know, maybe I thought you liked him a little..." she trailed off looking down.

"Well I don't. I'm on a date with Marcus" I shrugged and walked back to my date. Why would she ask him out if she thought I liked him?

"All good?" Marcus smiled at me once I was back at his side and wrapped my arm around his.

"Yep" I nodded.

"Why don't we all hang together?" he suggested. I'm pretty sure that's not the best idea, but what am I suppose to say? "I just caught my best friend making out with the guy she thought I liked and it would really awkward hanging out with them the rest of the night"?

Yeah, I don't think so.

"Uh sure" Mandy chimed in, but by the look on her face I could tell she really didn't want to. She just didn't to be rude.

"By all means, be rude. Decline the offer I won't mind" Is what I wanted to say, but settled with "Okay then lets go."

****

Fifteen rides and five cotton candies later, we were headed out.

The night wasn't all as terrible as I thought it would be, but I wouldn't add it to my top ten favorites. We were saying our goodbyes when I remembered I never asked Mandy why she asked Jordan out when she thought I liked him. Which just to be clear, I don't. I'm just curious is all...

But now probably isn't the best of times, I'll get to it sooner or later.

"Lia" Jordan waved his hands in my face as if he's been trying to get my attention for hours.

"Yeah?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Must've been in deep thought" he laughed causing me to do the same.

"Maybe a little"

"Goodnight" he leaned in for a hug. I almost fainted due to the smell of Axe that took over my nostrils. I've always found it to be a sexy smell. Before I could be noticed sniffing Jordan like a creeper, I pulled away and he gave me a quick smile before walking off with Mandy.