Chapter 2

Ally's pov-

I awoke to the annoying screeching of my alarm clock and fell out of bed trying to turn it off. Once that monstrosity was over I sluggishly walked over to my closet, picked out a outfit and changed. I am absolutely not a morning person, so most days, I don't even try with my appearance. I swiped on some mascara, put my hair in a fishtail braid, and clumsily stumbled down the stairs. My mom wasn't awake yet cause her shift at the hospital doesn't start till 1:00. I am so jealous it's not even funny. I could only imagine sleeping in that late. Snapping out of my daydream, I grabbed an apple, and started my short walk to school.

          I was almost at the office to get my schedule, when a short peppy girl came up to me.

          "Hi! You must be Ally, it's not often we get a new student, the whole school is buzzing!" She exclaimed. Great now even more attention put on me, this is just what I need. Note the sarcasm.

        "That's me" I said putting on my best fake smile, "what's your name?" I honestly was curious, it would be nice to know someone.

         "I'm Kayla, do you have any friends here yet?" she questioned.

         "Nope your the first person I've talked to." I said feeling  slightly embarrassed with my lack of social skills.

         "That's fine, now you can be my friend, we can sit together at lunch too!"

         This girl is crazy peppy, but having someone to sit with is already better than I planned. Maybe today won't be too bad.