Chapter Twenty

Here's the playlist for this chapter: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIEMZ5a__jygXGz_Md5nWe2mmFcUOOTdj

This is gonna be a long one, (4025 WORDS).

Izuku gets up immediately and hugs his best friend, who obviously hugs him back. When they pull away, You Have Been Loved by Sia comes on the speakers. Everyone who was paired up together get into position and begin to slow dance. Izuku and (Y/N) though, they look like they're about to pass out. The green-haired boy's face is bright red, while (Y/N) looks as white as a ghost. Eventually, Denki and Kyoka (who got paired together) dance close to the two lovebirds and push them together.

Shyly, Izuku wraps his hands around her waist, while (Y/N) places her hands on his shoulders. They move in sync slowly with the song. Other pairs are talking with each other, while (Y/N) and Izuku are as silent as a hospital room. Eventually, one speaks up.

"Why?"

(Y/N) glances up immediately at Izuku, "Why what?"

"Why are you doing this?" he asks.

"What do you mean, Izu-chan?"

"Why are you...helping me?"

Shocked by the question, (Y/N) looks away with a red face, "I-I'll tell you later."

Although confused, Izuku nods and the two continue to dance.

"We'll be going to Disneyworld the week of your birthday, by the way." (Y/N) says to break the silence, "If you want to go, of course."

"Yes, I would love to go. T-Thank you again for the gift."

The two smile, as Sia's song ends and Denki stands back on the stage.

"Alright everyone, it's time to announce the winners of the rapping contest!" He says, "I never mentioned, but the winner also earns 1,000 yen!"

The group cheers and Denki calms them down before speaking the name of the winner(s), "And the winner is...(L/N) and Yayorozu!"

The class cheers even more, clapping as the (H/C)-haired girl is called to the stage and receives the 1,000 yen. When everyone calms down again, it's time for the boys versus girls contest. The two genders split and begin to discuss their chosen songs. They've been instructed to pick at least two in case the first one does not make them win. The two judges are Denki and Kyoka. They give the teams ten minutes, and when it's over, it's time to sing.

The boys go first, their chosen song is I Want it That Way by The Backstreet Boys.

The two groups stand facing each other on the large stage, both got mics in nearby and are ready to sing.

"Yeah!" All the boys sing.

Hanta, though, is the first boy to sing the real lyrics, "You are my fire, the one desire. Believe when I say, I want it that way."

Eijiro takes over, "But we are two worlds apart, can't reach to your heart. When you say, that I want it that way."

The rest of the boys sing together in harmony, "Tell me why, ain't nothin' but a heartache. Tell me why, ain't nothin' but a mistake. Tell me why, I never want to hear you say. I want it that way."

Now Tenya sings, "Am I, your fire? Your one, desire. Yes I know, it's too late, but I want it that way."

The rest of the boys join in, "Tell me why, ain't nothin' but a heartache. Tell me why, ain't nothin' but a mistake. Tell me why, I never want to hear you say. I want it that way."

Izuku takes over, "Now I can see that we've fallen apart, from the way that it used to be, yeah. No matter the distance, I want you to know, that deep down inside of me~!"

Katsuki also does his own solo, "You are my fire, the one desire! You are."

The other boys slowly join in, "You are, you are, you are~! Don't want to hear you say. Ain't nothin' but a heartache, ain't nothin' but a mistake. Don't want to hear you say, I never want to hear you say. I want it that way. Tell me why, ain't nothin' but a heartache. Tell me why, ain't nothin' but a mistake. Tell me why, I never want to hear you say. I want it that way. Tell me why, ain't nothin' but a heartache, ain't nothin' but a mistake. Tell me why, I never want to hear you say. Never want to hear you say it~! I want it that way."

Izuku ends the song, "'Cause I want it that way~."

The girls clap slowly, smirking and telling Kyoka to start their song, which is Trouble by Neon Jungle.

The groups starts singing together on the first few lyrics, "I don't look for trouble, but trouble looks for me. And it's been waiting around corners, since I was seventeen. They say "Here comes a hurricane, trouble is her middle name!" But I don't look for trouble, yeah, trouble looks for me. Hey hey!"

Momo sings the first 'solo', "I just want to live a quiet life, I'll make an excellent wife. Man, I swear, I really try. But some boys they just can't eat it whole, trouble is my name you know."

The other girls join in, "Trouble is my name you know. I don't look for trouble, but trouble looks for me. And it's been waiting around corners, since I was seventeen. They say "Here comes a hurricane, trouble is her middle name!" But I don't look for trouble yeah, trouble looks for me.
Hey hey!"