Almost Time To Go

(a month and a half later)

August POV

**Kelani and I were at the mall doing some shopping, we leave for California in about 3 weeks and she still had things to buy. Little did she know me and her mom were planning a big going away party for her. I also got some good music opportunities waiting for me in Cali. I recorded a song playing around and Capital Records contacted me wanting me to meet with them as soon as we move. Things have been getting better since we lost Melvin and I'm happy I get to move and start my life and future with Kelani.**

Kelani: Let's go into Winsor. Gia been telling me to pick out a cute bomb dress so she can take me out before we move. I ordered a few cute ones on Fashion Nova but I wanna look in here.

August: Alright

**I knew Gia was talking about the party. Literally everyone knew but Kelani**

Kelani: this stuff is cute but I think imma go with one of my fashion Nova dresses. She said make it formal.

August: you know where she taking you .

* I played my role*

Kelani: I don't, I wish I did though so I can have a better idea on what to wear.

August: You hungry ?

Kelani: Yeah, very

August: Alright come on.

Kelani POV

**August and I went to a Coney island and picked up some food then went back to my house.**

Katrice: Hey you two, did you finish up your shopping?

Kelani: Pretty much. I'm not trynna spend money on nothing else.

**My mom laughed and gave me and August kisses before we went upstairs. When we got settled in my room and I put my bags in my closet I sat in my lounge chair. August's sister Courtney FaceTimed me**

Kelani: Hey girl

Courtney: Hey, what are you doing?

Kelani: Just got home from the mall with your brother.

Courtney: I miss you, we need to go to the mall.

Kelani: How about I come get you later and we have a girls night at my house.

Courtney: Okay, I'm gonna go tell my mom .

Kelani: Okay, I'll come get you at like 3 or 4 so we can go to the nail shop or get our brows done or something. I'll call you.

Courtney: Alright ..

**I hung up with her and started eating**

August: you need to finish pack. All you do is throw ya bags in the closet.

Kelani: I know I know. I suck at this packing to move shit. It's stressful.

August: Get it done Keke

Kelani: I will baby. I'll do it tomorrow. That's on the to do list.

**August shook his head. He thinks I'm gonna procrastinate**

Kelani: I caught a sale on school supplies at Office Max so I stocked up on hella note books and pens and folder and shit. I even got you a binder, you know, for your music stuff

August: Thank you bae, that was thoughtful.

Kelani: I'm thoughtful.

**August left around 1:30pm and I straightened up my room for Courtney to come over. When I finished cleaning up I left to go pick her up**