Surprise!!

Kelani POV

**Tonight was the night His was supposed to take me out. I decided on a red form fitting spaghetti strap dress with some 7 inch black stilettos. Gia was on her way over and I was almost done getting ready. I had gotten my hair done; flat ironed bone straight and spiral curled real pretty. I also had someone too my makeup flawlessly. After I was dressed I took hella pictures. When Gia got there and I let her in she looked bomb asf in a black one sleeve mini dress and clear pointed toe heels**

Kelani: Dang girl, you look good. Where in the hell are we going ?

Gia: Don't ask questions and I won't have to lie to you, you ready ? Where is your mama?

Gia POV

Kelani: Girl it's Saturday, Katrice is probably out with her sister's getting drunk.

**We laughed. Kelani looked gorgeous and her make up and hair were perfect. She grabbed her things and we left. I sent August a text letting him know we were leaving the house and on our way to the party. August really went all out for Kelani's going away party. I can't wait to see the look on Lani's face. **

Kelani POV

**We pulled up to this really nice building. We got out and I fixed myself. Gia grabbed my hand as we walked in, it was dark.**

Kelani: Girl what the hell? It's dark.

**The words weren't good out my mouth when the lights came on**.

"SURPRISE!!!!"

**My mouth flew open. August, my mom, my friends, my family, my grandma, everyone was there. I was SHOCKED. I hit Gia's arm. They got me good. I hugged everyone. Everything was so beautiful. There was dark purple and glittery black decorations everywhere, there was a candy table and a the center pieces on the tables her beautifulllllll. I hugged August tight**

August: Got you..

Kelani: *smiling* yeah you did. I love you come here.

**I kissed August lips. My mom came up to me.**

Katrice:Come here baby.

**My mama and Aug sat me down in this black queen throne chair as a projection screen came down from the ceiling. The lights dimmed and a video came on. It was my mom and dad. My mom was pregnant**

::In the video::

Carlos: Look how big you are....

Katrice: I know, our little girl it's almost here .

**The video scene changed and it was my mom laying in a hospital bed taking deep breaths**

::In video::

Carlos: Lani's on her way.

*My dad's face appeared in the camera and I fell apart. I used a Kleenex to dry my tears as they fell.. the scenes continued to change, my first steps, my first bike ride, the first song I sang with my dad who's voice was one of a kind beauty, my first days of school up until my graduation. There were so many memories in the video. My did and I, my mom and I, August and I, my family. The video faded out and my dad's face appeared on the screen again*

Carlos: Hey babygirl, im sitting here thinking, and I wanted to make a video for you. If you're watching this it means you made it out of high school, it also means I'm not there anymore.

**I cried hard**

Carlos: It wasn't my plan to leave you so soon. I know you're just as beautiful as ever if you look anything like your mother, in fact, I know you're the spitting image of her. I'm proud of you babygirl. You can do anything, and I mean anything you set your mind to baby. The sky's not the limit for you, you have no limits. Bypass the sky and go straight to eternity with your dreams. You got this. You're gonna master anything that comes your way. Anything is possible, especially if you still got that knuckle head August running around with you. I love you Kelani. I love you babygirl. You are greatness. You ahead and continue making your daddy proud.

**The projection screen went up as the video cut off. I wiped my tears and fixed my face as the lights came on. I hugged my mom's so tight**

Katrice: he made that video for you 3 years ago ... Told me to give it to you after high school. I was waiting for the right time.

Kelani: wow. I miss him so much..

Katrice: me too baby.

*My mom and I wiped each other tears. Music started to play, 'Close' by Ella Mai. The party was amazing, and I heard my boyfriend had everything to do with it. I found him and hugged him*

Kelani: so how long was this in the works ?

August: A long time.

Kelani: Wow.

** We danced and ate and laughed all night, the whole night was perfect. As the night came to a close around 12am I thanked everyone for coming and gave everyone hugs and kisses. August loaded all of my gifts into his car and we drove to the nicest hotel. When we checked in and got inside I showered and put on a cropped tank top and some leggings. August and I started going through my gifts**

August: That ones from me...

*I smiled as I opened it. It was a giant canvas picture of me with a natural face and my curly hair in a bun. It was so detailed, so beautiful and so thoughtful*

Kelani: August this is fuckin beautiful.

**I kissed him.**

Kelani: Thank you. This is going on the wall somewhere in Cali.

**I opened the rest of them, Gia got me lingerie, my mom got me an apple watch, August got me some clothes and shoes and bath and body works stuff, I got some really good shit.**

August: You had a good time tonight?

Kelani: oh most definitely. It was perfect. I love you so much.

August: I love you too baby girl

**August and I ended the night off smoking and listening to music while talking. The whole night was perfect.**