A Life For A Life

Kelani POV

**My phone rang at 3am. It was my auntie Cindy......... at 12:30am my mother died in her sleep. I was numb and possessed absolutely no emotion. I cried so hard I'd damn near passed out. I told everyone not to call August.
I flew home in a heartbeat. The only thing I knew as home had taken her last breath and big me a goodbye. I was all cried out. I was on autopilot it seemed like. My aunt's helped out with funeral arrangements. I hadn't been home 2 days before David called me to inform me that Lauren's water had broke.**

Cindy: Baby you okay?

Kelani: As okay as I'm gonna be.

**The next day I buried my mother. She was so peaceful looking. I now have to experience life without my one and only, and it hurt bad. I went back to my mom's house to pack up some of her things that my aunt's left.i heard the front door open and close. I went to the front of the house**

August: You weren't gonna tell me.

Kelani: I didn't want you to cancel the rest of the tour.

August: Too late.

Kelani: August....you didn't have to.

August: I did though.

**He hugged me tight. I didn't hesitate to hug him back. I needed him more than ever right now. **

August: DNA results came back...

Lani: And?

August: And it ain't even my son.

**My eyes got big. I didn't expect him to tell me that. I wiped my tears and took a deep breath. This was all so fuckin much. I wanted it all to be over. I just wanted to breath without feeling weighted. **