Crossed Lines

August POV

*I was sitting in the studio with Chris, and my producer working on recording. Lauren was sitting in a big leather chair towards the back of the room watching and observing. I was working on Verse 2, my producer stopped the music and I opened my eyes and stopped singing. *

August: What's the problem?

**I walked out the booth**

Chris: Somebody buzzed

August: It's prolly Rosé (Rick Ross) He did say he might slide through to listen.

**I buzzed the person in but it wasn't who I thought it was. In walked Kelani with an In n' Out bag and a drink. My stomach tightened a lil bit but I played that shit cool**

August: Wassup babygirl, what you doing here?

** I kissed her forehead and gave her a hug. She spoke low.**

Kelani: I came to see you, and bring you something to eat. I didn't know it was so many people I would've brought pizza or something.

**I grabbed the food and sat it down.**

Kelani: I was gonna stay and watch you work, if that's okay...

**I had to think, quick. I know my girlfriend and I know her attitude.**

Kelani POV

** I looked at my watch while Aug sat the food , it was 7:58pm. I told him I wanted to sit in and watch him work on his music. He nodded. My attention shifted when I noticed a girl sitting in the corner of the room. She was real skinny and dark skin and had big long curly hair.**

Kelani: Who's that baby? "Speaking quietly*

August: Uh, come here

**August and I walked over to the girl.**

August: Lauren this is my girlfriend Kelani, Lani this my friend Lauren.

Kelani: Oh?

Lauren: *extending her hand* Hi, I've heard alot about you, nice to meet you.

**I shook her hand and smiled a little**

Kelani: Aw, I've never heard anything about you. Nice to me you too. Y'all have fun. August I'll see you when you get home .

**I played it off and blew him a kiss. The only hint I gave them that said I might feel some type of way was the slick comment I made at the girl. I walked out of the room and made my way outside.**

August: Kelani!

**I stopped in my tracks and turned around.**

Kelani: what?

August: I thought you said you wanted to stay?

Kelani: Nah, imma go, Gia's at the house. Plus you seem like you have enough visitors.

August: Ma, what you mad for ?

Kelani: I'm not mad August?

August: I introduced you and everything, she's a homie.

Kelani: How long have you known her ?

August: What?

Kelani: What? Huh? Now you deaf? How long have you know her cuz we ain't been living here for shit but what...almost a year?

August: *sighs* like... 5 or 6 months.

**I nodded.**

Kelani: 5 or 6 months months and I've never heard anything about her...never even knew she existed. That's some sneaky shit. Then you got her at the studio with you?