2 months later

Nobody's POV

**Now that school had started back for Kelani and David, she was able to keep herself busy. She was also working again, 2 jobs. She was on lunch in the car smoking with Maurice**

Maurice: Okaayyy this wood actually hittin' you done learned how to roll

Kelani: Shut the -- nigga I been knew how to roll

Maurice: Nah nigga, you didn't. You work today?

Kelani: Hell nah, I'm going home to get in the bed.

Maurice: Man, i wouldn't be a friend if I ain't say this. I know you say you don't give a fuck no more and you know fuck that nigga this and that but dawg, if you not at work or school , all you do is lay in the bed all day. You can't avoid what you feeling. You gotta acknowledge that shit and accept it and handle it properly. You on some depressed shit. And I ain't even being funny Lani.

Kelani: I'm good. I swear I am. His loss, his fuck up. Not mine. I'm not avoiding that it happened I just don't give a fuck no more. ..

Maurice: I hear you. I told you how I felt about it. I just want you to be straight that's all ..

Kelani: I know. Thank you. I'm good friend.

Maurice: Ight. You still coming out this weekend right ?

Kelani: Yeah I am.

Maurice: Alright bet. So you letting him come back to the house ?

Kelani: I guess. He can sleep in the other room, as long as he's out of my way I'm good. We moved out here together to look after each other until I finish school and shit.

Maurice: I feel you.

Kelani POV

**I took what Maurice said into consideration. I went home and purposely stayed away from my room. I made fries pork chops, mashed potatoes, and broccoli for dinner, then did some school work. The doorbell rang and I went to the door, it was August. I let him in and he followed me to the den. We had been having conversations since I'd made him leave. I wanted to hate him and I want to leave him alone but my mind went back to the friendship that we had before anything else, my mind went to how we've always looked out for each other and forgiven each other for years no matter what. My heart was too big. We might not ever be in a relationship again but he's my bestfriend.**

August: Hey ma

Kelani: Um, you can sleep in the guest room across from the linen closet.

August: *nodding* Thank you.

Kelani: Yeah..

**I walked away and went into the computer room that I was currently working on turning into my writing studio. I turned off my laptop and put my things back in my book bag before going upstairs to disappear into my room for the rest of the night**

^^That Friday^^

Kelani POV

**It was 9pm, everything was cleaned and dinner was cooked. After showering I put on a brown long sleeve fitted one piece romper kind of fit with my Louis Vuitton combat like boots that I'd gotten from August for my birthday. Cali had some my hair again. This unit was wavy with a middle part. I put on some stud ear rings and a watch. My phone went off and it was Cali. She was telling me that she was ready and to call her when I pull up. After checking the mirror again and grabbing my weed and some woods from the smoke drawer I left out of my room. I peeked into David's room**

Kelani: I'm getting ready to go out. August not here so it's just you until he get home..

David: Alright. I'm bouta go pick Chanel up shortly so I'll put the alarm on.

Kelani: Okay, I love you. See you later.

David: Ight. Love you too

**I closed his room door, went downstairs and left out.**

August POV

Chris: The tour starts in 4 months, you ready nigga ?

August: Most definitely. I need to get the fuck on

Chris: How is that shit going on at the crib ?

August: We don't even talk. She stay to herself and I stay out of her way. And Lauren just Lauren man...I went to an appointment with her yesterday. She just hit 4 months so we find out the gender in 2 weeks.

Chris: Damn man.

August: Ion even wanna speak on the shit. At this point I've just accepted that I gotta deal with the consequences of my actions.

Chris: We all done been here man. You gotta realize your shorty's worth. Now this whole thing got you thinking that fuckin Lauren wasn't worth everything you just lost.

August: Hell nah it wasn't. I fucked up man..

Chris: Well, hopefully she can find it in the heart of hers to forgive your black ass

August: she told she already forgave me. She said she want her space.

Chris: Give it to her. She'll come around when she's ready .

August: *nodding* Hope so

**When I left the studio I picked up some shit from Wal-Mart and went to the crib. David was in the den with his girl. He told me Kelani had left and that she's be back later. After putting the stuff away I went upstairs. Lauren was texting me about gender reveal...I didn't wanna do this with her but it was too late now. **