Training Time

Alex

Alex woke up with the sunlight gleaming harshly on her face through the curtains.

Groggily, she squinted as she rolled over in the bed, burying her face in the pillow.

Why did she wake up?
Why?

Still flopped, face-down, on the bed, she heard a light chuckle behind her.
Confused, she rolled over and sat up, scrunching her eyes as they came to focus on Steve, standing at the foot of the bed.

He was already dressed in a shirt and trousers, smiling at the little girl.

"You properly awake then?"
He asked as Alex groaned and lay back down again, cocooning herself in the duvet.

Why am I in here?
She thought to herself, knitting her eyebrows as she ran over the previous night.

Loki had put her to bed, then... she had that nightmare...
She shivered just from thinking about it.

Then... she'd gone to Steve and must have fallen asleep.

Still tired, she turned to look up at Steve,
"Why... you up?" She asked, mid-yawn, looking incredulously at the soldier.

"Well, it's 09:37..." He shrugged, gesturing towards the little alarm clock on the bedside table.

Alex just stared at him blankly.

Who voluntarily gets up at anytime before ten?

"Anyway, almost everyone's downstairs already."
He stated, answering her unsaid question as he smiled in amusement at the little girl's shocked expression.

Why?
She thought to herself.
Just why?

"I-I should... get up then." She grumbled sluggishly, still feeling half asleep.

Unwillingly, she lifted herself up off the even more inviting bed, still, however, managing to smile in greeting to Steve.

"I'll meet you downstairs then, kid." He told her, fondly ruffling her already messy hair and striding out the door.

Waving goodbye to Steve, Alex slowly walked out of his room and into her own, which now felt a whole lot safer.
The curtains had now been opened and her bed was made, a little pile was left on top of it as well.

The warmth of the sunlight streaming in waking her up a bit more, Alex curiously walked over towards the pile on her bed, gently sitting down beside it.

On top of it, there was a small, yellow post-it note with black ink written on it.

𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒙!
𝑰 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖.
𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒈𝒐 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒖𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔. ;)
𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈.